What's new

iPhone 4S Rear Facing Camera Not Working (Black Screen)

jfilion2

Reaction score
Just bought the iPhone 4S today in Canada. Brand new, all features work except the rear facing camera... it just gives me a black screen. Even in Facetime.

Anyone else encounter this issue? I am using iTunes to "Restore" it now to give that a whirl... I'll let you know how that goes.

I haven't had any luck with my rear facing camera either. I will try again today.

Just bought the iPhone 4S today in Canada. Brand new, all features work except the rear facing camera... it just gives me a black screen. Even in Facetime.

Anyone else encounter this issue? I am using iTunes to "Restore" it now to give that a whirl... I'll let you know how that goes.

I used RESTORE from iTunes this morning. The rear facing camera turned ON ! It worked for about 15 seconds, then wen't black. I used restore a second time... black, no 15 seconds of glory.

Sounds to me like a software glitch, not a hardware glitch... ideas?

mine worked for 1 picture

I bought mine from Bell. They told me to go to the Apple Store, so I did. Apple gave me a brand new one - camera works great.

I recommend you do the same.

I found a thread on the Apple website of a bunch of people having the same dead back camera situation... it's a defect.