What's new

iPhone 4s or Samsung Infuse 4g?

iPhone lol!! It's what I have & I'm still not sick of it which is amazing cause I bore easy and fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need some help, I have the White IPhone 4s 16Gb and the Samsung Infuse 4g running on 2.3.6 Gingerbread..

I wanna pick one for my primary phone cause I have a adapter for my AT&T sim car but I'm tired of switching, does anybody have any idea which I should pick?
THANKS!

I've used both. Compared to the 4S, I thought the Infuse was dull. Obviously 4G is faster, but I wasn't crazy about Gingerbread either. Ice Cream Sandwich is the better version of Android , which wasn't going to be pushed out when I had my Infuse. (I haven't tried Jelly Bean so that probably is even better than ICS was/is.) And yes, between the two devices stock, you can do more with the Infuse, but if I had to choose (which I did), I'd go with a jailbroken 4S.

**As an aside, I've been through iPhone 3gs, blackberry with OS6, windows mobile, the samsung infuse running gingerbread on 3G network, and the samsung galaxy nexus running ice cream sandwich on 4G network, and now back to the iPhone 4S. The only device that may have stolen me away from my iPhone is the Nexus because ICS is a nice OS and the screen size rocked. The one thing that made me dump it and come back to iPhone is battery life. 4G really drained the battery FAST (on the Verizon network). The Infuse battery life seemed to hold up ok, but I was on 3G when I was with ATT. From what I understand it isn't true 4G anyway (at least not the last time I looked into their plans. They were on HSPA+)

Last edited:
The Infuse is a ok phone...I've looked at them as used 1 for a little while...but just remember something...if you want to get that phone...then you got to deal with android...and samsung...both of which are a royal pita IMHO...and I can say this because I have been a android user for several years..had to deal with samsung on several occasions and have rooted and added custom roms to them since my first "Hero"..and that is one thing you will need to learn how to do so you can fix all of the issues most folks won't tell you about before you buy the durn thing..

Android is fragmented...and you can see this with all of the developement for all of the various custom roms that are out there..Yes...you do have the choice to do this..but..I do believe you can also do this with the Iphones as well by jailbreaking it and tweaking it...(atleast from what I have read on this forum anyway...lol...lol)...and the beauty of the Iphone...is you really don't need to do this at all to have a great phone that works 99.99999% of the time as it comes from the box.

Android wants to be like that..but it takes a polished rom a developer has built to really make it work properly..because you won't get a pure version of it anywhere unless you get a Nexus..and that's the fact...and the nexus has issue as well.All carriers love to fill up their phones with their "bloat"..apps that you might not want..restrictions with having locked bootloaders..all of the stuff that will brick your phone if you aren't knowledgeable about doing it...and from my perspective being a brand new Iphone owner...doing this now on the iphone is a whole lot simpler..quicker..and safer...to do...if that's what you like doing..

Go over to some of the android forums...look at the issues they have..the complaints..the problems..and you will see exactly what I mean...If your wanting to do alot of tweaking constantly..go for it...but...I can tell you first hand just how much you will have to do to your android to get it stable..if you start changing it around...

The main reason I am now using a 4s over what I was using new galaxzy 3...was issue I had with the phone..While the screen is simply stunning...having a screen that large comes at a cost..battery life..and with the ones I had..and the 1 my son had..wouldn't last 8 hours..with minimal usage..and get hooter than all get out...plus the reception was lousy with them in my home even with a micro tower...not so with these 4s we got last week...now we have solid bars..excellent recption and clarity..good wi-fi speeds...

Lastly... I wouldn't.. buy into all of the crap you probably have heard about Androids apps...while they do have tons of free apps... many are totally useless and don't work...I have found the quality of them pale in comparison to what you can get for the iphone..and the free ones I have on my 4s...are far superior to what the google store has for free..also...if your needing a gps that actually works as it should out of the box..and is very accurate...the chances of getting one that works as it should is a total crap shoot with any of the androids...some work good...but...most don't...and is another reason many folks start loading custom roms and kernals for the phone so they can change radios in them to tweak it so it works as it should from the get go..same for phone reception..so beware of this fact...

Good Luck in what ever you get...

Mac

Last edited: