What's new

Iphone 4S is completley messed up, help!

Thellamattina

Reaction score
I have a Verizon Iphone 4S and here is the situation in the order that it happened. - I replaced the screen with a screen off Ebay. Everything went fine and I booted up the phone and the screen worked great. However the phone kept saying "Searching" and would never find any service... A friend of mine told me to connect the phone to ITunes and attempt to restore it. I did this and the phone got stuck in the "Connect to ITunes" screen... The phone is now stuck in the connect to iTunes screen and when I attempt to restore it using ITunes, I get the error message of either "-1" or "3194"..... I have tried tinyumbrella which did not even recognize my phone and I have also tried DFU mode but it seems that the phone won't even go into DFU mode... If anyone has ANY ideas please let me know so I can fix this as I need my phone back ASAP.... I have read all the different "tricks" to fix this problem but none of them have worked for my phone! Thanks.

Thellamattina said:
I have a Verizon Iphone 4S and here is the situation in the order that it happened. - I replaced the screen with a screen off Ebay. Everything went fine and I booted up the phone and the screen worked great. However the phone kept saying "Searching" and would never find any service... A friend of mine told me to connect the phone to ITunes and attempt to restore it. I did this and the phone got stuck in the "Connect to ITunes" screen... The phone is now stuck in the connect to iTunes screen and when I attempt to restore it using ITunes, I get the error message of either "-1" or "3194"..... I have tried tinyumbrella which did not even recognize my phone and I have also tried DFU mode but it seems that the phone won't even go into DFU mode... If anyone has ANY ideas please let me know so I can fix this as I need my phone back ASAP.... I have read all the different "tricks" to fix this problem but none of them have worked for my phone! Thanks.

You probably damage the connections to the WiFi and cellular antennas when replacing the screen. Your best bet would be to have a repair shop run a test to make sure.

I figured that the antenna's were damaged somehow, causing the signal loss. However I cannot even attempt to fix that issue until I get the phone out of the recovery mode that it is stuck in. I sent the phone to PhoneDoctors.com and they said they had no way of getting it out of the recovery mode so they mailed it back to me and now I'm back at square one... I was thinking maybe taking it to the Apple store as my last hope but I heard they will not fix it once they find out I changed the screen on it.