What's new

Iphone 4s Ios 5.0.1 Jailbroken No cydia icon

muddamy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am using an iphone 4s with ios 5.0.1. I already jailbreak my iphone using redsn0w_win_0.9.11b4. After a success jailbreak the iphone is reboot. Then the cydia icon is appear on the screen. I open it and install the cydia. after that it reboot again. But this time after a reboot i lost the cydia icon and a lot more apps disappear my Photos, safari and etc. I try use the 'Search iPhone' function to search for the photos and cydia but its not there. After several hours do a googling, then i read some post that using an iphone browser or ifunbox. I try it and i can find the photos and the cydia. Everything is still there. But i cant find it in my iphone.

So, my problem is, what should i do to make all the icon back again on the screen?

Please help me out. I already try it for 2 days.:(

5.0.1 is majorly flawed. And the jailbreak is not the most stable jailbreak I have ever used.

Update to 5.1.1. Jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0.4....

And your good.

The battery is better...the jailbreak is far *more* stable and smooth....no reason not to update at all.

You will have to update through iTunes. OTA updates don't work on a jailbroken iPhone.

Download the 5.1.1 iPSW for your device *model* and save it to your desktop. It's a big file...just let it download.

Plug iPhone into iTunes. Right click on your device name on the left side of iTunes. Click "Transfer Purchases".

Then enter DFU mode(watch a YouTube video or something) don't enter DFU while device is on..alway shut down first.
Once in DFU mode, open iTunes and shift+restore(hold shift key *while* you click the Restore button) and select your 5.1.1 iPSW on your desktop.
Let iTunes do the rest.

When you restore your device...DO NOT restore from a backup. You don't want to restore from a jailbroken backup. Setup as new device.

After restored and setup as new device, go through the initial on screen setup....
Rite when you get to the SpringBoard(home screen)...don't do Anything.

Open Absinthe and jailbreak. (watch a YouTube video so you can see how to properly extract Absinthe). (at least wait until you see your carriers name in the status bar before jailbreaking).

After jailbreak....plug into iTunes and sync apps, music, etc. you can also restore from backup, but I would not do that if all your backup are from when your device was jailbroken.

You should always stay relatively updated with iOS software. Even jailbreakers.

You have no reason for not updating. Problems are just going to get worse on 5.0.1.

Hi there, thank you for the reply. Is there any way i can update to ios 5.1.1 without upgrading my baseband? I am rely on unofficial unlocked. From what i read, the upgrading will upgrade my baseband automatically. Please let me know if there is another way to unlocked the phone if i am upgarde to ios 5.1.1.

muddamy said:
Hi there, thank you for the reply. Is there any way i can update to ios 5.1.1 without upgrading my baseband? I am rely on unofficial unlocked. From what i read, the upgrading will upgrade my baseband automatically. Please let me know if there is another way to unlocked the phone if i am upgarde to ios 5.1.1.

You can update to 5.1.1 via a custom iPSW made with Sn0wbreee(Windows) or PwngeTool(Mac).

You can only use custom iPSWs with an iPhone 4 or lower.

UltraSn0w 1.2.7 is out for compatibility with 5.1.1(iOS only...not baseband. BB still needs to be preserved).

But if you have a 4S then you cannot update to 5.1.1 and preserve baseband. Have to stay on 5.0.1 to preserve unlock.

You can update to 5.1.1 via a custom iPSW made with Sn0wbreee(Windows) or PwngeTool(Mac).

You can only use custom iPSWs with an iPhone 4 or lower.

UltraSn0w 1.2.7 is out for compatibility with 5.1.1(iOS only...not baseband. BB still needs to be preserved).

But if you have a 4S then you cannot update to 5.1.1 and preserve baseband. Have to stay on 5.0.1 to preserve unlock.

Thank you for your reply. I already upgrade my iphone 4s to ios 5.1.1 and it upgrade my baseband to 2.0.12

The unlocked not release yet so i am planning to get myself a gevey ultra s. Some of my friend told me that the gevey will do the hardware unlocked. But is it true? Anyone here already use it before?