What's new

IPhone 4S Contacts and Group questions

Lamanda

Reaction score
As the Telecommunications Coordinator for a large Agency, I am the first POC for the IPhones... We have just acquired a new Commissioner and she has over 1,400 contacts that I've just imported from her Droid, to an IPhone 4S... I'm trying to find a way to 1) Dedupe those contacts, 2) Merge the ones that are similar, 3) create Groups on her phone and finally 4) do it without having to load another application...

Here's what I've experimented with so far: (I put these on my own phone and played with them)
Multi Edit - I was able to dedup quite a bit, but couldn't create groups AND it didn't translate over to the "Contacts" portion of my phone... It's only showing the new list, inside the Multi Edit application

YouLu - Was able to create Groups, and oddly enough it appears to have pulled from the changes I made within Multi Edit... But again it's not translating into the "Contacts" on the phone itself...

And more frustrating than anything else, I can't seem to find how to create a new group under "Contacts"...

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Thank you!

Here is how you create group using Youlu. Just follow the screenshots, it's easy

7b797ead-ff5f-1afe.jpg

7b797ead-ff70-ba63.jpg

7b797ead-ff7f-9cf8.jpg

7b797ead-ff8e-569d.jpg

7b797ead-ff9c-0374.jpg

Thanks Bab2010, but I knew how to create one in YouLu... I was still hoping to find a way to create them on the actual IPhone Contact list... I guess I'm bewildered as to why Droid can do it, but IPhone can't, know? But thanks for the time, Bab!!!

Use yahoo or google to create the contact group you want, then add your yahoo or google account in mail, contacts, calendars settings. Enable contacts in the your newly added mail account. Go back to your iPhone contact app, tap on top left conner to go to all contacts page, there you will see your new added mail account contact group and your previously existing contact group.