What's new

iPhone 4S and app Icons

Dustoff01

Reaction score
Hello all. My problem is this: I cannot delete screen icons for unwanted apps. Somehow, the black circle containing the delete X is missing from the top left corner of all icons when all icons are "jiggling". I have done an extensive search and cannot locate someone else with this same problem. Is there a way to correct this condition without doing a "Restore" thru iTunes? Using an iPhone 4S and iOS 5.1 NO jailbreak!

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It sounds as if you've turned on the restriction that prevents you from deleting apps. To fix, go to the General section in your Settings app. Then, scroll down the right side until you see the line "Restrictions." Once you enter your passcode, you'll come to a list of restrictions you can turn on or off. Look for the line "Deleting Apps" and make sure it's ON (to allow app deletion).

That should take of it and then you will see the "X" on the icons while in wiggle mode.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Well first off, i would update to the latest. Updates usually fix bugs. This could be one of them.

Sent from my iPhone 4S Verizon Black 32GB

Mickey, THANKS!! You solved my problem! Somehow, I was in Restrictions, mucking around and disabled deleting apps. I never would have found this! Thanks again,I appreciate your help!!

Dustoff01 said:
Hello all. My problem is this: I cannot delete screen icons for unwanted apps. Somehow, the black circle containing the delete X is missing from the top left corner of all icons when all icons are "jiggling". I have done an extensive search and cannot locate someone else with this same problem. Is there a way to correct this condition without doing a "Restore" thru iTunes? Using an iPhone 4S and iOS 5.1 NO jailbreak!

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi I have the same problem with my iPhone , did you find a solution ? Thanks

peanuto5 said:
Hi I have the same problem with my iPhone , did you find a solution ? Thanks

Go to Settings>General>Restrictions and make sure that you have not disabled deleting Apps.

$image-727750953.jpg