What's new

iphone 4s 5.0.1

dvsguy

Reaction score
Hi,
After a LOT of help, I have a iphone 4s 5.0.1 it is unactivated and im unsure which network it is locked to.
I want to jailbreak/unlock the phone, trouble is i have tried redsnow an absinthe but they require the phone to be activated?
I have tried a 2degrees(nz) sim to activate using cellular data an it says cannot connect to apple server im wondering if its cos the ios is 5.0.1?
Any help on activating or a jailbreak i can use please????
scotty

You should be able to hacktivate using RedSn0w. Make sure you're selecting the IPSW prior to attempting to jailbreak it. Jailbreaking + Hacktivating using RedSn0w works on the 4S on iOS 5 only.

Hi,yeh i am i have tried selecting 2 ipsw an redsnow says they both arent supported? help

Your device is on iOS 5.0.1. Why would you be using iOS 6.1.2. Plus, iOS 6 cannot be jailbroken using RedSn0w. And, when jailbreak any iOS 6 on pre-A5 devices, you use the iOS 6.0 IPSW.

Hi,i was using 6.1.2 as my ipsw because i thought the later it was there would still be signed shsh for it, also yes i have used redsnow to jailbreakios but cant unlock and that was on a iphone 4 not iphone 4s.
What ipsw do i need to use with redsnow to jailbreak?

The latest is 6.1.3. Regardless of whether or not you have 6.1.2 blobs for the 4S, you cannot restore to it.

Jailbreaking iOS 6 on A5 devices is only available using Evasi0n. Pre-A5 devices will have a tethered jailbreak using RedSn0w and the iOS 6.0 IPSW and you'll need to install the Evasi0n Untether for iOS 6 from Cydia afterwards. Or you can use Evasi0n