What's new

iphone 4s 5.0.1

dvsguy

Reaction score
Hi,
After a LOT of help, I have a iphone 4s 5.0.1 it is unactivated and im unsure which network it is locked to.
I want to jailbreak/unlock the phone, trouble is i have tried redsnow an absinthe but they require the phone to be activated?
I have tried a 2degrees(nz) sim to activate using cellular data an it says cannot connect to apple server im wondering if its cos the ios is 5.0.1?
Any help on activating or a jailbreak i can use please????
scotty

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to hacktivate using RedSn0w. Make sure you're selecting the IPSW prior to attempting to jailbreak it. Jailbreaking + Hacktivating using RedSn0w works on the 4S on iOS 5 only.

OP
D

dvsguy

Reaction score
Hi,yeh i am i have tried selecting 2 ipsw an redsnow says they both arent supported? help

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your device is on iOS 5.0.1. Why would you be using iOS 6.1.2. Plus, iOS 6 cannot be jailbroken using RedSn0w. And, when jailbreak any iOS 6 on pre-A5 devices, you use the iOS 6.0 IPSW.

OP
D

dvsguy

Reaction score
Hi,i was using 6.1.2 as my ipsw because i thought the later it was there would still be signed shsh for it, also yes i have used redsnow to jailbreakios but cant unlock and that was on a iphone 4 not iphone 4s.
What ipsw do i need to use with redsnow to jailbreak?

willerz2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The latest is 6.1.3. Regardless of whether or not you have 6.1.2 blobs for the 4S, you cannot restore to it.

Jailbreaking iOS 6 on A5 devices is only available using Evasi0n. Pre-A5 devices will have a tethered jailbreak using RedSn0w and the iOS 6.0 IPSW and you'll need to install the Evasi0n Untether for iOS 6 from Cydia afterwards. Or you can use Evasi0n

Most reactions