What's new

iphone 4

rexjas

Reaction score
Hi to all im pretty new to this but here we go!
I have an iphone 4 with modem firmware 03.10.01 and version 4.2.1 can this be jailbroken? It was before and i updated it and now cant use for this reason!!! i dont even know who the phone was originally locked to if so I take it I could use a pay as you go sim for the time????
any help welcomed

thankyou in advance

It can be jailbroken but not unlocked. You will need to use a sim from the carrier the phone is locked to. Doesn't matter if it's pay as you go or contract...

Thats great thankyou very much just need to find the carrier as i bought it jailbroken

very helpful!

Your welcome,

I think only apple can tell you what network it's locked to unless you try different sims until you get one that works. If it's a USA iPhone it will be AT&T...

Although it can be jailbroken, it will be a "teathered" jailbreak at the moment. All that that means is that every time you power off your phone when you turn it back on it will be in recovery mode and you will just have to plug it in and run your favorite jailbreak software.

The dev team is working on an "unteathered" jailbreak that will allow you to power on/off your 4.2.1 iphone 4 and keep your jailbreak, its due to be out on or shortly after Xmas.

thanks alot everyone am i allowed to disclose what jb i have been trying and does it have to be sim activated before the jb? if not what is the best jb?
many thanks great info forum

You can discuss jailbreaking freely here. Best getting the phone working and activated before jailbreak so you can make a backup first.

The only jailbreak you can do is redsnow. As already explained it will be tethered for now...