What's new

iphone 4 slowin down

uprising95

Reaction score
hi

my iphone feels like its getting slower.
when i 1st got it it was super fast every single thing i did on it..

now every thing i seem to do i have to wait ages for stuff to load all the time and its annoying.
does anyone no how to sort this issue.

safari is slow on 3G and WI-FI
apps are slow suck as facebook thats stupid even on wi fi its wayyy to slow.....is this down to the app its self or just the phone. ?

im wondering if the phone keeps log of everything you do and its just clogging up ??

you no like a pc if you browse the net for months on end without clearing the internet files the web browser really slows down

hope someone can help :D :D

Every few days make sure to do a reboot of your phone. I never have my phone off at even at night (except the weekend) because I use the alarm on it. By Thursday or Friday I notice things going a little slow. A reboot or turning the phone off for a few mins speeds things up. Also clearing the task switcher from apps helps speed up applications...

Every few days make sure to do a reboot of your phone. I never have my phone off at even at night (except the weekend) because I use the alarm on it. By Thursday or Friday I notice things going a little slow. A reboot or turning the phone off for a few mins speeds things up. Also clearing the task switcher from apps helps speed up applications...

cheers for the info :D
i never new apps run in the background like that
ive just wipe them all clear seems good

Your welcome.

If you have SB settings installed you can see how much RAM you have left. The less you've got the slower your phone goes. Usually when I feel the phone is going to slow for my liking I'm down to about 50mb. A clearing of the task switcher sees tha number go to well over 300! The most I've ever seen it is around 400...

Which iphone do you have? I chose to disable the multitasking feature and use backgrounder as there are only a couple apps i want running in the background. My memory never goes below 280mb and thats also with me running a crap ton of tweaks and mods.

Your welcome.

If you have SB settings installed you can see how much RAM you have left. The less you've got the slower your phone goes. Usually when I feel the phone is going to slow for my liking I'm down to about 50mb. A clearing of the task switcher sees tha number go to well over 300! The most I've ever seen it is around 400...

cheers
i have just looked for SB settings but by the looks its for jail broken phones only ??
i will have to look for some thing similar if there is anything out there

Which iphone do you have? I chose to disable the multitasking feature and use backgrounder as there are only a couple apps i want running in the background. My memory never goes below 280mb and thats also with me running a crap ton of tweaks and mods.

iphone 4

iPhone 4 16gb. As I said the phone is never turned off or the apps cleared for days. I don't feel it going slow until it gets to at least under 100mb. I have alot of jailbroken stuff aswell.

Your welcome.

cheers
i have just looked for SB settings but by the looks its for jail broken phones only ??
i will have to look for some thing similar if there is anything out there

Yes it's for jailbroken iPhones only. I used to have 'Free memory' app for my 3G. It would tell you how much RAM you would have left and you could clear it up with the press of a button. Worked a treat. Don't know if it's still availible but I'm sure there will be something similar...

hi

my iphone feels like its getting slower.
when i 1st got it it was super fast every single thing i did on it..

now every thing i seem to do i have to wait ages for stuff to load all the time and its annoying.
does anyone no how to sort this issue.

safari is slow on 3G and WI-FI
apps are slow suck as facebook thats stupid even on wi fi its wayyy to slow.....is this down to the app its self or just the phone. ?

im wondering if the phone keeps log of everything you do and its just clogging up ??

you no like a pc if you browse the net for months on end without clearing the internet files the web browser really slows down

hope someone can help :D :D

Reboot the phone daily, as this would clear the cache and your phone will feel super fast.