What's new

IPHONE 4 s insurance

wallaz85

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to get insurance for my iphone 4 s and i was wondering if any one can recommend any good companys that they use for it?

thanks

I had Apple care for my 3GS. Now I just got this 4S and will be getting
Apple Care +.

Is insurance really necessary? Think about it, how much is insurance? $10-12 roughly every month. You are due for an upgrade after18-24 months right. So in 18 months you spent $180ish to protect a phone and chances are you will never cash in. Why not throw that money in a separate account. Then it will earn interest for you. You will come up with the other half if something happens but if you do this for a few years then you will have enough saved to pay for a new phone. If you pay ins on every phone you get then you already done this but have nothing to show for it. Think about it.

OleKingCole said:
Is insurance really necessary? Think about it, how much is insurance? $10-12 roughly every month. You are due for an upgrade after18-24 months right. So in 18 months you spent $180ish to protect a phone and chances are you will never cash in. Why not throw that money in a separate account. Then it will earn interest for you. You will come up with the other half if something happens but if you do this for a few years then you will have enough saved to pay for a new phone. If you pay ins on every phone you get then you already done this but have nothing to show for it. Think about it.

Some people don't want to take that chance. And your math is flawed. A new iPhone 4s starts at 550, not 360 like you stated.

supsandroid said:
Some people don't want to take that chance. And your math is flawed. A new iPhone 4s starts at 550, not 360 like you stated.

10char

A brand new one maybe but you can keep saving or buy one that isn't new. I just don't know why I would pay someone to do something I can do myself.

You're right. What was I thinking giving someone my opinion on a forum. Let me just slide this rock over me so you will be happy.

I see Plus's and Minus's on both sides. Here is a example of what I experienced. I had a 3gs and so did my Son. I had insurance and he didn't. I never had a issue with my iphone , and never used the insurance. He broke his Iphone and it wasn't covered. That was about 2 months before became eligable for a early upgrade. It was cheaper for him to pay the cancellation fee and he signed up with Verizon and He got a Android dirt cheap with a 2 yr contract with them. So IMHO insurance is Totally Peace of mind. Being that I never had an issue with my 3gs I am now debating on getting Apple Care + for my new 4S. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it !

I too opt out of insurance. You find you insure your phone something happens and in the small print that wasn't covered. Insurance on a phone they love to take your money but are really hesitant to give you any back. One insurance company I find was cheaper than anyone else is protect my bubble and there's an app for it. Not sure what's in their small print as I wont be insuring but might be useful to those who do.

iHolophyte

Well I kinda disagree with that. I had my 3gs and cancelled my AppleCare on it and the sent me a check for the difference, 4 months of service I no longer needed. I received the check 5 days ago and today I ordered my AppleCare Plus for my new 4S model. I speak for myself, but it gives me peace of mind that if something should happen I am protected. If you read what is covered it is just about everything except theft. Drop it in the toilet, run over it with the car,what ever.I am covered. To each their own. If we were all alike and thought the same way it would be boring. Have a great day.

I have ascuron and even has a gps finding app anyways I almost got my stolen phone replaced just before paying my desuctable phone shows up in front of house? Weirdos
Anyways for me it's worth it I have 3 kids and run all over! Every phone in my life at one point I did a claim;)
Oman I definitely recommend it!
Apple care is awesome but I wanted one for lost or theft .

i have asurion i would rather just spend the 10 dollars a month and not have to worry about having to fork out 500+ for a new phone.

don't take this the wrong way but if the 10 dollars a month is too much for you maybe you shouldn't have an iPhone.

Insurance is a gamble. Take it or leave it

I use Worth Ave. For my iPad 2 64GB 3G $59 for the year, $50 deductible, covers just about everything that could happen including theft, immersion, drops, baking in a hot car, etc., full replacement value for new device of same make and model. Apparently $85 for iPhone 4S (replacement value is $600, $50 deductible). Even at that amount, it sure beats paying full price to get a new iPhone in the middle of an 18-month eligibility for upgrade cycle, should anything happen. A lot of it depends on how comfortable you feel about handling your phone and taking care of it at home and beyond (mostly the latter).

Point is, smartphones are still wayyy overpriced. Once they get below $100, insurance or loss are pretty much a wash.

Nobody is right or wrong in this discussion. We're ALL suckers to the hardware manufacturing, telecom and insurance corporations. It's acknowledging that and deciding just how much of a sucker you're willing to be for the kinds of things you want. While I think all the pricing is ridiculous and sometimes just plain unfair, it all comes down to YOUR BUDGET and how creative you want to be with it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net