What's new

Iphone 4 receiving old texts again

JWilliam

Reaction score
Hi all,

First time posting on here as I have a rather annoying problem with my Iphone!

Basically at random points during the day I will suddenly start receiving literally hundreds of texts from old conversations. It started about 5 days ago and at first it was just one or two old texts and then it would stop.
But now I have to turn my iphone off and on to get it to stop.

Is there any way that I can fix this? I have tried reseting it but this did not work. I am on IOS 6 btw.

Thanks for you help.

A couple of my friends are having the same issue, it's a bug in iOS 6 that Apple has not addressed. In iOS 5 there is no such problem. There is nothing you can do unless you want to downgrade to iOS 5, but I don't think its worth it.

Hi all,

First time posting on here as I have a rather annoying problem with my Iphone!

Basically at random points during the day I will suddenly start receiving literally hundreds of texts from old conversations. It started about 5 days ago and at first it was just one or two old texts and then it would stop.
But now I have to turn my iphone off and on to get it to stop.

Is there any way that I can fix this? I have tried reseting it but this did not work. I am on IOS 6 btw.

Thanks for you help.
i'm wondering if your network can help with this.

Last edited:
i'm wondering if your network can help with this.

I believe its the iOS 6 because my friends have the networks, Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T. All were doing the same on their phones yesterday for a few hours. Unless all the networks are experiencing hiccups at the same time. Just stating my opinion.

In answer to your questions I am getting both SMS and iMessages and my Network is a company called Three ( I am in the UK). I reset my iphone a couple hours ago, and so far it hasn't happened again yet. I will update you on whether or not it does.
Thanks for all your help.