What's new

iPhone 4 Problem - Please Help

dfrank7262

Reaction score
My phone is not ringing on incoming calls, nor is it sounding the incoming text message tone or the keyboard tones. It also isn't playing any sounds on games. It does, however, play music just fine and the alarm works.

I turned it off and turned it back on. No help. I did the soft reset. No help. None of the setting have been changed (it's not on silent). Any ideas? The Verizon stores aren't open tomorrow, so unless someone here can help, I'm stuck until Monday.

TIA

Dana

I'm guessing Verizon would just direct you to apple so if you have an apple store around you I would try that. However, did you try a hard reset? If that doesn't do it you might do a restore.

And I know this may sound simple, but many times people new to the phone overlook the mute button on the side of the phone? You did check that?

yes i was going to suggest that too,amazing how many people don't know its there.

When you double press the home button to bring up the quick launch menu,and then scroll all the way to the left.Is there not a mute button that has been selected to mute?

I feel like an idiot. It was the mute button. I have an Otter case on my phone, and the mute button is under one of the rubber tabs. I had no idea it was even there.

Thanks y'all for the help!

I feel like an idiot. It was the mute button. I have an Otter case on my phone, and the mute button is under one of the rubber tabs. I had no idea it was even there.

Thanks y'all for the help!
Dont worry,happens all the time,glad thats all it was.