What's new

iPhone 4 location issue

aslangum

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently got an ATT iphone 4 and then factory unlocked it and dropped a straight talk sim in it. I downloaded the settings for internet and everything works except the "current location". On wifi I get the right place but when I put it on 3G it seems like it might be showing the nearest tower. For example at my house it always locks to this open field close by that I know cell towers are in it. On the highway it usually says that Im on the wrong side of the road, which is annoying cuz it tells me I need to make a Uturn. Ive tried restoring the phone and the same problem is there. it always shows me a location near by but almost never the actual location Im at. The blue circle (my location) doesnt flash like it did on my iphone 5. its just flat blue with the bigger circle around it.

I am using a nano sim with an adapter.
Also the iphone had a broken back cover that was replaced.

Anybody knows how to fix this? or even what the issue is? Apple refuses to look at my phone because the back cover is clear( with no back antenna obviously) instead of the apple one.

Any tip are appreciated.

I dont know. I just got the phone. Im gonna replace the back plate with an oem one i ordered to see if it will change. Some dude at the apple store told me it could be the accelerator? any idea what that is or if its fixable?