What's new

Iphone 4 just went Kapoot

Oreezy

Reaction score
Hi im seeking help in resolving my iphone issue. Here goes.....
I have an untethered jailbroken iphone 4 32gb running on ios 5.1.1 baseband 4.12. The phone is 2years old and i recently got it factory unlocked through at&t's out of contract unlock or whatever its called. So a week after i got the phone factory unlocked I put the phone to charge through the usb on my pc and when i woke up the next morning i found that my phone was stuck in an apple logo loop. Then sometimes the phone would load up to the unlock screen saying emergency calls only in another language. So I thought it was a case where i just needed to reboot. Rebooting didnt work, i've tried:

1) just booting through redsn0w, didnt help.
2) Recovery Fix on redsn0w, didnt work.
3) itunes restore, no help just received a ton of errors ranging from -1, 21, 11, 1600, 1601, 3194 etc
4) taken out the battery and then re-installing it .. but no dice.

I can put the phone in DFU with out problems. but once the phone reboots it just reenters the apple logo loop.

Right now, the phone wont turn unless i have it pluged in to the pc or direct charge where it enters the loop but as i unplug it the phone shuts off.

N.B. phone has had no water damage nor has it been dropped or damaged previously.

please help i cant believe my phone just bricked it self like that!!!

Never mind i was going to suggest restore. You tried restore.

You could try a old disk drive trick and cool your phone down in the fridge before turning it on. If it works briefly it may have some kind of short. Probably unfixable.

Last edited:
@Oreezy have you been trying to restore to ios6.0..? or 5.1.1..?

Yes i have tried loading ios 5.1.1 on it but i get a host of errors. I've also tried downgrading to ios 5.0.1... still no dice

i havent tried the ios 6 as yet becuz where i'm at now i believe if i restore to any firmware it would just give me another host of problem errors, but i'll give it another shot and see what happens. thanx guys

but if that doesnt work what else should i do?

Last edited:
hmm, excuse me for being alil skeptical about wanting to place my iphone in the fridge im afraid it would get water damage.

@Oreezy 5.x.x firmware is not currently signed by Apple....you only be able to return to 5.x.x if you have your SHSH blobs saved..failing this your only option is IOS6.0(Which is the current firmware offered by Apple)

Bula, thanx but I definitely dont have my SHSH blobs saved cuz i dont even know what those are ( lol )im trying to the preserve baseband ios 6 but redsn0w keeps saying it doesnt recognize the build.

I'll also like to add that when i put the phone in DFU mode and do the restore through itunes when the it gets to "Verifying iphone restore with Apple" the phone turns on and starts back its apple loop. Then an error 1602 comes up.

Last edited:
No need to preserve baseband if you have a direct unlock from the Network provider...in your case AT&T....Factory unlock is for life...:photos:

Be aware there is NO untethered jailbreak on IOS6.0....try building a custom 5.1.1firmware(Use redsn0w or sn0wbreeze), making sure you direct the software to search Cydia for your SHSH blobs...(there is a chance they are saved on Cydia)...if your lucky you can restore to 5.1.1

A newbie question

how can i direct the software to search cydia for SHSH blobs?

zphone said:
Never mind i was going to suggest restore. You tried restore.

You could try a old disk drive trick and cool your phone down in the fridge before turning it on. If it works briefly it may have some kind of short. Probably unfixable.

A quick off topic reply to this message and anyone who feels like trying this with a hard drive. Do not put your harddrive in the fridge or freezer if the data on it is of any importance to you I am an experienced data recovery tecnition and have seen major damage caused by people trying this method causing the drive to be unrecoverable.