What's new

iPhone 4 Jailbreak 5.1.1 Battery Drain

Lyners

Reaction score
I recently jailbroke my iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 with redsn0w.

The battery is horrible, I mean within half an hour I lose like 3-5 percent with just a few texts here and there.

I overcloked it by doing the whole com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaultsbak.plist thing recently, and I hardly even notice a difference. I disable it and theres still almost no difference. I am using BattSaver, still not much. I've even deleted some useless daemons. I've even cleared most of my apps or tweaks using mobile substrate. Please help!!

My first suggestion wouild be to run your iPhone through a few proper battery cycles. If that does not alleviate the issue... restore your iPhone via iTunes as a "New Device." Manually reinstall your contacts, music, ect via iTunes. DO NOT restore from a "Backup." Doing so will only bring back whatever little demon is causing your battery to drain. Then Jailbreak again and you'll be surprised how clean it'll run.

+1, 5.1.1 is mutch better for battery than any other IOS before

I agree it wont be the actual jailbreak but a tweak somewhere thats causing the issue.

I was jb to put Siri onto it using spire but grew tired of the lag caused on my iphone 4, which was caused by winter board, even after its most recent update.

Im now on the iphone 4s stock and enjoy 1 to 1.5 days with moderate usage.