What's new

iphone 4 Ios 5

boeckjames

Reaction score
I was wondering how to pickup on a text conversation in the new iMessage. Supposedly you can start a conversation on one device continue it on another. How do you do that?

You must have ios 5 on both devices
Just go to settings>messages and turn on imessage on both devices.

I've had the same problem. I've turned on iMessage on all of my devices but it doesn't work for me?

Considering this is a 2 month old thread... I really hate to continue with it. However, the OP brought up an interesting question. Is it possible to have an iMessage conversation on say your iPhone... then pick up your iPad and continue the same conversation? Just a thought...

Yes
My iPad shows duplicates of all my iPhone iMessages because it is the same apple I'd used on both.
I have had a conversation using both devices alternately and now one knows the difference, as there is no signature.

Thomasjtsi said:
Considering this is a 2 month old thread... I really hate to continue with it. However, the OP brought up an interesting question. Is it possible to have an iMessage conversation on say your iPhone... then pick up your iPad and continue the same conversation? Just a thought...

If you "receive at" the same place, then the answer is yes. The AppleID makes no difference here. I had to remove my email address from my son's iPod because he was receiving my calls. I also had to register his email address with Apple so he could use iMessage and FaceTime. Now, my messages go to my phone and iPad, and not to his iPod.

The key to this is putting the new email address into the Receive At area before deleting the original one associated with the AppleID. There has to be at least one.

Hope this is clear. I know what I want to say but the words are coming out wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net