What's new

iphone 4 help

bhota

Reaction score
cant get pass emergency call. iphone4 came all sealed. Cant get it activate through itunes, it says sim card not supported. Took it to apple store to try and get it activated, was told that it was on the vodafone network, but im on T-mobile. Cant get pass emergency call page so therefore cant get into the phone to see which firmware is installed. Checked EMEI number in case the phone might have been barred or stolen, but all is fine. So how can i get into the phone. Thanks

Update:
Used a program called tinyumbrella, to find out what firmware the phone was using, Its using 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04 - ICE_2_8. Model No.MC603B/A (Isn't this supposed to be factory unlocked)

Installed a pay as to go sim from vodafone and it connected with itunes and was then able to get into the menus on the phone itself (after a week). So do i register/activate with itunes with this sim card(vodafone) or do i jailbreak and unlock it then register/activate with my T-mobile sim. (sorry quite new to this). Ive got a preety good info on how to jailbreak & unlocking and looks quite straight forward.

Last edited:
Came all sealed from where? If apple say it's on the vodafone network then you will need a vodafone sim to activate it...

cant get pass emergency call. iphone4 came all sealed. Cant get it activate through itunes, it says sim card not supported. Took it to apple store to try and get it activated, was told that it was on the vodafone network, but im on T-mobile. Cant get pass emergency call page so therefore cant get into the phone to see which firmware is installed. Checked EMEI number in case the phone might have been barred or stolen, but all is fine. So how can i get into the phone. Thanks

well since its LOCKED to vodafone the only way you can use t-mobile is if you jailbreak then unlock

Came all sealed from where? If apple say it's on the vodafone network then you will need a vodafone sim to activate it...

A friend of mine who works for a phone company (manager) sent it to me. I was told by apple that only vodafone could unlock it. Is that true? OK so if i get it activated by vodafone sim, then could i jailbreak and unlock it any network?

Is it vodafone uk? If so I don't know of them offering unlocks. Your manager friend will know better than me.

You will need a vodafone sim before you can do anything, (I think I'm right) there may be a way round it. Then you can jailbreak. The unlock won't work for 4.1 at the moment so if it's on that firmware then your stuck with vodafone for now...

Is it vodafone uk? If so I don't know of them offering unlocks. Your manager friend will know better than me.

You will need a vodafone sim before you can do anything, (I think I'm right) there may be a way round it. Then you can jailbreak. The unlock won't work for 4.1 at the moment so if it's on that firmware then your stuck with vodafone for now...

Cheers mate appreciated the help.

I have an iphone4 mobile locked to t-mobile (didn't realise this when I bought it) but I'm on the Vodafone network.
Swap anyone?

I have an iphone4 mobile locked to t-mobile (didn't realise this when I bought it) but I'm on the Vodafone network.
Swap anyone?

Hiya Ok ill wait until the end of the week (there might be the unlock out) and if no unlock is out then would not mind the swap. Mine is completely brand new. Quick question what baseband is yours on and version. Text me on 07836559130.:)

read on the dev team's blog, at update #6 theres a new version of redsnow out that doesnt need the original sim card, sim cards are only a pound tho at my local newsagent!!!

blog(dot)iphone-dev(dot)org/