What's new

iPhone 4 GSM blue screen during iOS 7 beta 6 update

patharter

Reaction score
Ok so heres the deal, I threw together a iPhone 4 from a bunch of random pieces I had lying around. The phone was fully functional, I restored to iOs 6.1.3 and afterwards the speaker and microphone did not work during phone calls only which seems to be a common problem. I never saved any shsh blobs for this phone so i decided that the problem might be corrected with iOS 7. well during the update, my phone went to blue screen and there was no way to turn it off so i unplugged it then disconnected the battery. Now i cannot get it to power on whatsoever. There is no going into DFU mode or anything. The phone is basically not firing up at all. I initially had to solder on a battery terminal because the logic board was missing it and the phone would register as having the battery in but would not charge because one of the grounds wasnt making contact. It was fine with this issue with updating to iOS 6.1.3 so I know i didnt blow out the logic board, also there is no outward signs of a shorted circuit or burns anywhere. So can anybody shine some light on this or help me to get it turned on somewhat? thanks.

I see how you could think that was the issue, but no physical changes occured during this entire process. So it leads me to believe that the phone can function normally again with some playing around with it.

Then again, it could be the pirated copy of iOS 7 that you've installed.

Ok, I need some advice on how to get this thing to fire up, its not powering on whatsoever.

Could be anything from a Nand to a Battery issue or a grounding pin. Considering how you've pieced it together from basically spare/unknown parts, you'd half expect it to not work as planned