What's new

iPhone 4 Falls 1,000 Feet and Lives!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_4_falls_1000_feet.JPG

TUAW has a great story today about an iPhone 4 that was dropped 1,000 feet from a military aircraft and was found unscathed and in perfect working order! The phone belonged to US Air Force Combat Controller Ron Walker, who told TUAW that he accidentally dropped his iPhone 4 out of his pocket when he leant out of the door of his aircraft to look for landmarks in preparation to sending out the parachute jumpers in the plane. At the time, the plane was flying at approximately 130 knots (150 mph) and at a height of 1,000 feet. After Airman Walker watched the phone plummet to its presumed death, he understandably assumed he would never see his iPhone again in one piece. Back on the ground, one of his colleagues decided on a whim to use Find My iPhone to try and trace the phone, which it did, almost immediately. Incredibly, the iPhone 4 was still working, so Airman Walker and his friend hopped in their ATVs and retrieved it from woodland roughly two miles away.

Walker says that the iPhone 4 (pictured above) was in perfect working order, without a scratch, and it wasn’t even dirty! It was wearing a Griffin case, so a pretty good advert for them, you’d imagine!

Source:TUAW iPhone 4 survives 1,000 foot fall from Air Force plane

I've got that case!!!! Good to know if I drop my phone out my window it won't have a scratch on it. Lol.

Got it for free too... :D

I've got that case!!!! Good to know if I drop my phone out my window it won't have a scratch on it. Lol.

Got it for free too... :D

thats the one my brother ordered for his iphone lol free from the case program thing

That's where I got it from. It's a great case. Only problem is the screen portectors keep getting peeled of at the top and bottom due to the way the case holds on to the phone... :(