What's new

iphone 4 chargers

stevejobs

Reaction score
Hey guys finally got my iphone 4, but i am unable to use my jivo travel charger

Jivo World Power Dual USB - International Travel Charger - White

it has two usb ports, one rated at 1200mah and the other at 500mah

i read somewhere apple will only allow charging through offical products or products with "made for iphone"

this sucks as i only like to travel with one charger for my iphone and ipad, plus the fact the jivo charger has interchangable tips for the different power sockets around the world.

I bought a car charger at 5 below for 5 bucks and I think one time I got that message one time and I just plugged it in again and it was fine. I guess if you get that message all the time you are screwed. I really don't see why it wouldn't work tho.

i cannot find the article but basically what apple has done, they have put a special resistor in the iphone and in the offical charger, if they aren't detected the iphone wont charge.

Those lower amperage chargers really blow! i think my wife has one of those and it provide just enough power so that when she is using her phone and its plugged into the car it will maintain the current battery level. If the phone isnt being used it will charge but only adds 1% to the battery for about every 5 minutes it is being charged.