What's new

iPhone 4 6.1.3 problems plz help

imjustatrainee

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I forgot my pass code the other day and tried putting my iPhone 4 into recovery mode and restored it to 6.1.3 then hactivated it by using redsn0w 0.6.15 beta 3 according to a YouTube video. I had to download ios6.0 and use this in the redsnow session although my phone is running 6.1.3 It activated perfect but now I can't use safari, maps or my email. Also there is no icon for FaceTime. I need to get this phone jail broken and unlocked. What have I done wrong and how do I fix these problems.

You can't bypass the passcode without restoring the device

Yes I have done the restore but now some of the apps dont work. Is it possible that I used the wrong ipsw file for my phone I.e cdma or gsm

No. You'll get a 3194 for using the wrong IPSW build when you restore.

Ok so I did the restore through itunes again then tried to jailbreak using redsnow but still not having any luck and cydia isnt getting installed on my phone. Whats going on?

Ok so I did the restore through itunes again then tried to jailbreak using redsnow but still not having any luck and cydia isnt getting installed on my phone. Whats going on?

If your trying to jailbreak 6.1.3, it's not jailbreakable

If your trying to jailbreak 6.1.3, it's not jailbreakable

We're talking about the 4.

When you jailbreak iOS 6.0-6.1.3 using RedSn0w, you MUST choose the iOS 6.0 IPSW for your device, and unlocking will have nothing to do with jailbreaking on the iPhone 4 unless your iOS is on 6.1 or below and your baseband is 01.59.00.

Thx ppl I think it was the jailbreak that was causing all my problems. Restored and activated it and now works fine althouhh its not jailbroken

Then you're doing something wrong, it's not RedSn0w's fault.

It seems while jailbreaking with redsn0w, you just jailbroked your device in tethered mode, because only in tethered mode Safari and other stock applications don't work. Please don't say that your phone normally boots up, because tethered boot is changed with iOS 6.

Could it b that after I ran through the jailbreak I didnt boot teathered??

Booting tethered after the jailbreak process would definitely help if you're looking to use your device. I would've assumed that you've read the last message that comes up with RedSn0w before you hastily closed it out?