What's new

Iphone 4 4.2.1

natsroses

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am moving to Belgium and want to unlock my phone so I can use it there. The settings say it's a version 4.2.1 (8C148).

Can I unlock this with a Gevey Turbo sim card? If not, anyone know if it can even be unlocked?

Thanks

Nats

I belive the baseband on that firmware version is compatible with the gevey sim. However I would advise against using it. Unfortunately it's your only option of you wish to unlock your phone...

Thanks very much for you reply. I forgot to add that the firmware is 03.10.01 if that means anything.

Can I ask why you advice against Gevey? I'm a newbie and don't know much about anything to do with phones. Thanks again.

Thanks very much for you reply. I forgot to add that the firmware is 03.10.01 if that means anything.

Can I ask why you advice against Gevey? I'm a newbie and don't know much about anything to do with phones. Thanks again.

03.10.01 is the baseband version, and that baseband can be unlock by gevey sim, however gevey sim is kind of illegale in some countries, i don't know what are those countries but a fast googling can list them out for u. Moreover, i've heard that everytime you lose signals, or reboot your device, u will have to use gevey sim. There is a thread on the forum talking about gevey sim and news about it. U can search for that tread and follow it for getting informations u need to know about gevey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the most advisable thing is to sell this one and buy a new one? If I get a new one (probably from eBay) what version or baseband should I look for? Thanks again! :)

So the most advisable thing is to sell this one and buy a new one? If I get a new one (probably from eBay) what version or baseband should I look for? Thanks again! :)

I would advise buying one that can be used officially with a carrier in your country (I don't know if that's an option for you). If you need to rely on an unlocked iPhone then it's best to buy a factory unlocked one but that can be expensive.

The only unlockable iPhone 4 baseband is 01.59.00. Just remember even if you do find one of these on eBay they probably won't be that much cheaper than the factory unlocked ones which are alot less hastle...