What's new

Iphone 4 - 03.10.01 - Winterboard Issue

Whyzzo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New here, so first of all - Hello! :)

I have an Iphone 4, BB 03.10.01 - and have successfully installed Cydia.

When I download and install Winterboard, it asks to reboot which I do, and then when its rebooting, it just sits on the screen woth the Apple logo and does nothing. I can restore the phone with Itunes, go through the same again, andexactly the same happens.

Any ideas to overcome this problem would be really appreciated. After all, the main reason I wanted Cydia was for the themes with Winterboard.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, I have looked through the forums and couldnt find a suitable reply.

Many thanks in advance.

sounds to me that you are on the redsn0w jailbreak for 4.2.1.
and it is a tetherd jaillbreak at the moment.meaning you need to PLUG IN THE PHONE AND RUN REDSN0W AGAIN....just boot tetherd

anytime you REBOOT,you will need to boot tetherd
anytime you RESPRING,you will not need to boot tetherd

Yeh done all that DJ101, thanks for the reply.....

I installed Cydia, then rebooted phone, then run Redsn0w again to tether, so Cydia works.....

Therefore, my phone is currently tethered - and if I was to install Winterboard now, it would ask to reboot and if I allowed it to reboot then it would just sit on the screen with the apple logo.

Its doing my head in, been messing with it all day. Followed exactly the same procedure when I have my 3GS and i worked perfect first time.

Any further ideas?

Therefore, my phone is currently tethered - and if I was to install Winterboard now, it would ask to reboot and if I allowed it to reboot then it would just sit on the screen with the apple logo.

After cydia asks you to reboot and you get the apple logo you still have to run redsnow and boot tethered again...

awesome guys, didnt know that - thanks for the info, works a treat now :)

i had this problem with winterboard, so how did you get it off the logo screen? just start Redsn0w?? i did restore and same thing happened when tried to put winterboard on agan so in i gave up as didnt want to have to install all the other extras i put on,

The redsnow jailbreak on 4.2.1 is tethered. That means every time you have to reboot your phone or turn it off you have to plug it in to your computer run redsnow and choose the boot tethered option...

I know this. But what I'm trying to work out is how to reboot it as I can't switch off and go through the normal switch off. Home and sleep then home only. I was wondering how he installed his winterboard and was able to reboot. As in what sequence etc

ok, i sorted it now, had to hold the home and sleep button till it went off, then try and get it to boot same time as the redsn0w and done