What's new

iphone 3gs wont turn on and itunes wont recognize

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanpatsan

Reaction score
i bought an iphone 3gs from craigslist and it worked perfectly. wasnt jailbroken or anything. then one day i put it in my back pocket and drove home. when i got home my iphone was black and woudnt turn on. so i plugged it up to the computer but it wouldnt pop up on itunes. also i used to be able to get the "need to be charged" screen to pop up and when i plugged it up to charge the screen turned yellow then white. please i need to fix my phone.

Try putting it in dfu mode.

It could also be that the device has been imei locked by the carrier !

chunky said:
Try putting it in dfu mode.

It could also be that the device has been imei locked by the carrier !

How do u put in in dfu mode and could it be locked because I found it and they prolly reported stolen

So did you find it or buy it on Craigslist? If you stole it they prob locked it!

iPhone 4s 16gb

GASH said:
So did you find it or buy it on Craigslist? If you stole it they prob locked it!

iPhone 4s 16gb

Found it. I tried finding out who's it was but they turned it off so I couldn't call anyone so I just kept it and used it as an ipod

Check YouTube it has everything! And tut,s too!

iPhone 4s 16gb

Found it. I tried finding out who's it was but they turned it off so I couldn't call anyone so I just kept it and used it as an ipod

Yeah, right...you found it after you bought it on Craigslist. And just how did you attempt to find the owner? Word of advice...you need to get your "story" straight before you ask for help. :rolleyes:

xrayeyes said:
Yeah, right...you found it after you bought it on Craigslist. And just how did you attempt to find the owner? Word of advice...you need to get your "story" straight before you ask for help. :rolleyes:

Because I knew that if I said I found it people.wouldn't believe me. Yes ill admit I didn't buy it on craigslist. I was walking to my bus from class and saw an phone laying. I picked it up and asked if anyone knew who's it was and no one claimed it so I took it...true story

This guys a fantasist trying to keep this thread alive !

Rolls eyes.

This phone should be turned in to the authorities for a hopeful return to its rightful owner. The actions taken by the original poster are not acceptable here at iPhone Forums.

Thread closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.