What's new

Iphone 3gs wont activate after 5.1 update! HELP!

Zackpro

Reaction score
i need help with my iphone 3gs. it worked fine before the 5.1 update and then it wouldnt activate. everywhere i looked and everyone told me to jailbreak and unlock it. so i did, and now it gets past the activation screen but says no signal and searching everytime, even tried 3 different sim cards, and same thing. so now what? i really need some help here.. this iphone is my life. lol.

i need help with my iphone 3gs. it worked fine before the 5.1 update and then it wouldnt activate. everywhere i looked and everyone told me to jailbreak and unlock it. so i did, and now it gets past the activation screen but says no signal and searching everytime, even tried 3 different sim cards, and same thing. so now what? i really need some help here.. this iphone is my life. lol.

I had the same problem mate.
I have a 16Gb 3gs New bootrom with iPad BB. I have to install a fresh 5.1 then when you get to the activation screen power off connect to computer and JB with redsn0w. Select install cydia and iPad BB if you have a supported BB chip.
When it reboots you have to boot it tethered with Redsn0w
Go into Cydia and add the repo 'repo.iparelhos.com' then install ultrasn0w fix after thats installed install ultrasn0w 1.2.5 and after a respring you should get service.