What's new

iphone 3gs loses coverage after install ios5 please HELP!!!!

portulx

Reaction score
hello, its my first post on this forum, and i was wondering if anyone can help me
i have an iphone 3gs, 32gb... the phone has the 06.15.00, although now its unlocked by apple, due to end of contract..
by having that firmware... and all that its known about the difficulties of gps, it got worst after i installed the ios5...
literally when location services are on, the network breaks down... gsm, 3g, wifi... everything... for a little time, while it catches up agaain...
i install it with snowbreeze....
can anyone give me a it on this please?
on the 4.3.5 this didn't happen although the gps didn't work properly...
anyone notice this difficulty???
thanks

a video of what happens...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am having the same issue. When I use location service based apps, the connection gets cycled. I lose wifi first then my cell phone connection. Have you found any solutions yet? I upgraded to 5.0.1 and this wasn't fixed on my 3GS.

hello, its my first post on this forum, and i was wondering if anyone can help me
i have an iphone 3gs, 32gb... the phone has the 06.15.00, although now its unlocked by apple, due to end of contract..
by having that firmware... and all that its known about the difficulties of gps, it got worst after i installed the ios5...
literally when location services are on, the network breaks down... gsm, 3g, wifi... everything... for a little time, while it catches up agaain...
i install it with snowbreeze....
can anyone give me a it on this please?
on the 4.3.5 this didn't happen although the gps didn't work properly...
anyone notice this difficulty???
thanks

Apple officially unlocking your iPhone doesn't change your baseband to iPhone baseband. You have upgraded your baseband so you cannot actually do anything more, you can'd downgrade your baseband.

Soln 1: Don't use GPS service with iPad Baseband installed :) [Actually, I don't recommend installing iPad baseband to anyone.]

Soln 2: Try to make a custom IPSW file with new Sn0wBreeze 2.8b11 or new Redsnn0w and check/tick to install the ipad baseband option. Restore it using iTunes with Location Services turned off.

Remember: if your phone is new then don't upgrade your baseband to iPad Baseband. It will break your baseband chip and the only solution after this is to either return the phone to Apple or change the baseband chip. There's no other solution.

Hi everyone,

I'm Joe and it's my first time to join and post on this thread. I have encountered the same problem when I upgraded my iphone3gs to iOS 5.0.1. After installing the update and my phone already rebooted, it appears that it was not activated and I needed to start all over again, after entering basic setup Config, it will prompt that there is no sim card installed, I tried connecting to iTunes however it also fails. I've been looking for a while on how I can fix this problem, worse is I cannot my use phone at all.. Is there a way to fix this and have it work well with latest iOS?

Appreciate your help guys.

Thanks.