What's new

iPhone 3GS logo stuck spinning wheel

AFerreira

Reaction score
Yello'all!

I have a semi-dead iPhone 3GS with the following problem. My friend tried to erase the whole jailbreaked iphone (4.0.1, if I recall correctly). Now the thing is, the iphone is in a certain loop between the apple silver logo and low battery.

If I connect him to my windows computer or to the wall charger, he charges a little bit, and then he turns on alone a display an silver apple for 20 seconds. Then a spinning wheel appears, and spins about 10/15 seconds and then freezes. Something strange appears at top of the screen, like multicolored pixels.

18ebb56c509a4dcc92c9977.png

Then it stays about 10 min (at times, exactly 10 minutes) and then it turns it self off for 1 minute may be. If I try to turn it on between that minute, it show the battery sign of charging.

To end this beautiful story he turns on it self, and the process starts over again, and again.

So, I already tried to charge it, but it only charges a little bit, just to turn it on during 10 minutes.

I know I have to enter in DFU mode, but I really can't.

I tried this, but with no luck :(
Phone Stuck on Apple Logo with Spinning Wheel [solution] - MacRumors Forums

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad English, I'm Portuguese :)

I'm assuming you used the reset feature in Settings or you simple clicked Restore in iTunes without DFU-ing the device. Follow this tutorial.

I'm assuming you used the reset feature in Settings or you simple clicked Restore in iTunes without DFU-ing the device. Follow this tutorial.

I can't enter in DFU mode, because my iPhone does not charges. He just charges the necessary to turn it self on, so I can't use the HOME+POWER "trick".

Use a DFU IPSW instead assuming iTunes recognizes your device

Then you'll have to wait out for the battery to drain so that you can connect the device to your PC or an outlet to turn it on while holding the home button so that your device ends up in Recovery Mode so that you can use iTunes to use a DFU IPSW THEN you can restore.