What's new

iphone 3gs ios 4.1 to ios 5.0.1 upgrade (new boot room)

exon

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an iPhone 3GS new bootroom on ios 4.1 baseband 6.15 and i want to upgrade it to iOS 5.0.1 if possible.If not ,then tell me to which ios it is possible and how . Can anyone please tell me steps on how to upgrade it .I 'll be thankful.

Hi,
I have an iPhone 3GS new bootroom on ios 4.1 baseband 6.15 and i want to upgrade it to iOS 5.0.1 if possible.If not ,then tell me to which ios it is possible and how . Can anyone please tell me steps on how to upgrade it .I 'll be thankful.

What you can selectively restore to depends on what SHSH blobs and APTickets you have available for your device specifically. If you've never saved blobs, then more than likely you'll not have blobs that's available. Cydia auto-saved blobs for iOS 6.0 - 6.1.2 do not work, but 5.0 - 5.1.1 blobs will if they were saved through Cydia. You can check your blobs by opening Cydia, go to the Cydia tab, tap on TSS Center, and at the top, look for the listed blobs. If you have iOS 5.0.1 blobs, then you can restore to 5.0.1, or whichever non-6.0-6.1.2 blobs you have.

Follow this tutorial if you have blobs.

Thanks bro but I don't have any blobs saved.I 've checked on cydia for blobs.There exist the shsh blobs of ios 4.1 and ios 6.1.3 only.If i upgrade to ios 6.1.3 via the tutorial link given above.Will it work for me?
iPhone 3gs new BR
ios 4.1

If you're going to upgrade to 6.1.3 selectively, you may as well go for 6.1.6 since that's jailbreakable. The only difference is the speed as iOS 6 does take a bit more resources compared to iOS 5

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro