What's new

IOS 5.0.1 to 4.1 without shsh files...is it possible?

Jade_inc.

Reaction score
ok so i'm getting a iphone 3gs with baseband 05.16.05 and i wanted to to know if is it possible to downgrade from ios 5.0.1 to 4.1 without the shsh files
the phone came with 5.0.1.
i wana jailbreak and unlock the phone, thats my reason for the downgrade.
thank you!

no you cant downgrade, but even if you could downgrade firmware the baseband would stay at what it is now so it would not help.

Well there is a full untethered jailbreak now for the 5.0.1 on the 3GS and you have to check your serial number to make sure you can unlock it. If your build date on your phone is before August the 26th week I believe then your fine. Then you can update the phone to an iPad baseband and unlock with ultrasn0w in Cydia. To verify the build date sn0wbreeze actually tells you once you load the ispw into the program and follow the steps. And redsn0w is what I recommend to update the baseband and to jailbreak your phone if you can. If not then you will have to buy an older 3GS or switch carriers to AT&T go phone or straight talk to use it with the current phone you have now.

thank you for your answers!....i read that if you are using 5.0.1 u can downgrade to 4.1 without the shsh...i dont know if it's true.
the reason u can downgrade from 5.0.1 to 4.1 is because apple still signs 4.1 ios.
can anyone verify that info?

I believe this is correct... that Apple never closed the signing window for 4.1 on the 3GS. However, this still won't change the BB.

ok, so since they are still signing it can i downgrade from 5.0.1 to 4.1 and then flash the baseband that was updated when i change to 5.0.1 to ipad baseband without the phone being bricked?

Last edited: