What's new

IPhone 3G won't turn on.

ajlaw1985

Reaction score
I recently bought an iphone 3g it worked fine for a few days but now, it wont turn on. I plugged it into my computer to charge it and it showed that the battery was dead, so i let it charge for about 30 minutes, then it showed that it was in recovery mode, when i try to unplug it to get it out of recovery mode it wont turn on, does that mean its the battery?Everytime i plug it into my computer it automatically goes into recovery mode and when i unplug it, it turns off and and wont turn on. Can anyone help me?

Might be the battery depending on how it was abused before. The only way to really find out is if you get a utility that shows you the current capacity charge on the battery

i cant even get into in on my computer, it pops up on my device manager as recovery mode, and i dont know why but i cant get into it. I dont know much about iphones

don't know why but everytime i try to download redsnow it says connection error

i finally got the iphone to work, but its asking me for a sim cart to activate,was thinking about getting one that i saw on ebay for 5.00, o u think it will work. i just want to use the apps for the phone, i put sim card i thought would work but it didnt so ill try the one on ebay

The SIM must be the one from an original carrier assuming your device is not factory unlocked. Otherwise, you'll need to jailbreak the device which will hacktivate it in the process

so i would need to get a new sim card and jailbreak it?or can i use the sim card i have now and try to jailbreak it

where can i go to get the redsnow program where it wont say connection error when i try to install it

Jailbreaking does not require a SIM. Depending on the iOS you're using, there are different methods of jailbreaking. I'm not getting any issues with downloading either versions. Make sure your ISP/gateway is not blocking it

Go to Setting and then choose General and then About, scroll down till you see what iOS version you have

i cant because it show this image $c4f56c01.jpg then when i slide it shows emergency call with no sim in the top left corner

Do a fresh restore on the device while its in DFU mode