What's new

Iphone 3G whatsapp notifications problem

ewagner

Reaction score
Hi guys, I hope you can help me. I'm having trouble with getting whatsapp notifications in my Iphone 3G [8GB, O.S: 4.1 (8B117), model: MB489LE]. The phone is jailbroken. While the app is open, messages do arrive, and everything works fine, but while closed, it doesn't seem to work, no notifications show up until I open the app.

Does anyone know what can I do? I've already tried with Pushfix, Pushdoctor and Sam, and nothing seemed to work.

Thanks a lot!!

P.S: Sorry for my bad English!

Did you activate your phone on an suppoted SIM, or is the phone hactivated?

It is hactivated.

Can the jailbreaking have something to do? If so, is there anyway of "unjailbreak" it? I seriously wouldn't mind, I just want the app to work properly.

PS: It has been uninstalled and reinstalled already.

To restore use iTunes restore option. This will bring it to factory and go from there

It is hactivated.

Can the jailbreaking have something to do? If so, is there anyway of "unjailbreak" it? I seriously wouldn't mind, I just want the app to work properly.

PS: It has been uninstalled and reinstalled already.

I have ran into no push notification on hactivated phones many times. I had an iPhone 3g that wouldn't receive push notifications. I ended up getting a Telus SIM (the phone's original carier) off a friend and restoring to factory. Did the trick. That's not to say that there aren't other reasons that you aren't getting notifications. Is it just whatsapp that is not receiving push notifications?