What's new

iphone 3g loops when unplugged but works plugged in?

dmorgan924

Reaction score
i have a iphone 3g. it is jailbroke. If it is connected to the PC it appears to be working, you see the apps and everything. when you unplug the phone from the PC you get a loop that just shows the apple logo. i did a restore and it still does it.

Is it a tethered jb. If so when you restart your phone it will require you to boot jailbroken mode everytime you restart your phone.

Is it a tethered jb. If so when you restart your phone it will require you to boot jailbroken mode everytime you restart your phone.

If it's tethered, the fact that he just connect it to the comp won't help the phone to boot up, he will still have to run a boot exe on his comp and enter DFU mode on his phone which i think is not his case.
I would think about battery here, is it well charged? More than 10% at least? If yes what about holding both power and home button until you see apple logo? if none of those working then you are having corrupted files into your iOS and you will have to reinstall your iOS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course i wasnt suggesting that simply plugging it into the computer would boot it. But before i waste my time. Id like to know if i'm giving useful info by telling him he needs to use whatever program he jb'd with to boot it.

Also he never said it was booting when connected to a pc just that he could see his apps. I assume he's seeing those on his pc not his phone. Need more info

Yeah, there are missing informations here. Let him post more details if he need helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk