What's new

iPhone 3G won't turn on.

hargreaves1992

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been looking all over the internet for an answer to my question.

Hopefully somebody nice will help me :)

I have an iPhone 3G, and I jailbroke it with: sn0wbreeze.

It worked and everything. I then restarted the phone and it was stuck on the Apple logo and then did nothing, it was in a frozen stage.

I had it plugged throughout the process, and eventually the phone turned off and never came back on.

The battery seems to be dead, and my USB cable is not charging the phone at all.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks,

try other chargers in other port if still no luck plug the phone in to a wall socket and take the back off test the connection points with a volt meter you need to hunt down a wire diagram for the charging port if you find a dead spot trace it to the bad hardware and go from there but this dont sound software related

I am unable to connect to iTunes because the phone is completly dead. My USB cable will not charge. I have tryed another cable that doesn't work and I have tryed my wall charger that doesn't work either. I'm trying to find the connection points to test. Could anyone supply me with a diagram?

Thanks,

I am unable to connect to iTunes because the phone is completly dead. My USB cable will not charge. I have tryed another cable that doesn't work and I have tryed my wall charger that doesn't work either. I'm trying to find the connection points to test. Could anyone supply me with a diagram?

Thanks,

Get an original charger cable for iPhone 3g. Don't just get any original iPhone cable, but the one for 3g. It matter when the battery is dead.