What's new

iPad 2

Buy the iPad you will love it and a wireless printer. Buy a cheap PC for DVD's. Apple gives you free updates, so you
are always running the latest software.

Bought it yesterday. And I have a wireless printer but not a compatible one for the apps that use wireless printing. So I may look into that next.

iHolophyte

Bought it today with a smart cover. £458 in total for the two. That's my beer money gone for the next few weeks. What will the girls do without me being out? (Laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

You endup getting the 16gb? I want atleast a 32 as 16 aint enough for me on the iphone.. I buy alot of music. Oooo bet christmas day cant come quick enough for u now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You endup getting the 16gb? I want atleast a 32 as 16 aint enough for me on the iphone.. I buy alot of music. Oooo bet christmas day cant come quick enough for u now!

Yeah I got the 16gb wifi only one in black. I think 16gb will be enough. Well I'm hoping it's enough (laughs out loud).

iHolophyte

Thanks for the info newdestinyx. I have the hp wireless printer but I'm unable to air print via my iPhone 4 so thought this would be the same with the iPad. What route do you have to take to get it to air print and I'll try it? If you don't use your MacBook any more can I have it (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

Last edited:
In any window that gives you print options - (and I think you need to be iOS5 you simply click on that little icon Apple uses for 'reply email' looks like a letter with an arrow on it pointing left.. And I'm that next menu is an option to print. Click on it and it will take you to a window that will scan for wireless printers. If yours is set up correctly you should see it as a choice when the iPad scans for it. Let me know if it works...

And no you can't have my MacBookPro because it died 2 days after I got the ipad2.. Must have been fate.. Lol!!! And not a hard drive death. Motherboard bad.

Just tried with my printer. It's the HP4500 colour printer, which is wireless. This is the screen I got.
5c28fe8c-5cdd-3d78.jpg

This is my concern. And not all wireless printers are compatible.

Yeah must have been fate with your iMac and iPad.

iHolophyte

Apple - iPad 2 - Print right from your iPad with AirPrint.

Should be a list of compatible printers here ^

Also ~ at our iPad forum we have an entire section/forum dedicated to printing. :)

I'll be popping into the iPad forum once I've opened my iPad Christmas present to myself (laughs out loud)

I've had the printer for awhile now it's not that I've just bought it. So compatibility probably wasn't around then. If I decide I need to print I'll look into it. ........I'll see you all soon in the iPad forum 😄

iHolophyte

Be at peace.. Mine is 6 years old. The 2,2 version. And I ran over it with my car while it was in my brief case about 2 years ago. Lol!! It owes me nothing... I owe IT!! Any MacBookPro is one of the most stable long lasting computers anyone can buy.

Do you think they are that stable because nobody uses MacBooks and the works is somewhat windows orientated? What I
Mean by this is, it's hard to say its not stable when only 10% of the world population use macs where as 90% use windows. With such a difference we will hear more problems relating to a windows machine rather than a mac.

iHolophyte

More of an excuse to buy a new ipad once its released if memory becomes a problem.. That would be mine neways lol 

Just been to the German markets in manchester. What a cracking atmosphere. Mulled wine was yummy! As for the memory thing. 16GB Should be ample for me, I only have SUBO CDs and a few photographs (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

Just been to the German markets in manchester. What a cracking atmosphere. Mulled wine was yummy! As for the memory thing. 16GB Should be ample for me, I only have SUBO CDs and a few photographs (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

I walked passed the german markets this morning... They look awesome i havnt been this year though :( i love mulled wine its lovely. Oh your definatly ok for memory then... I think she only has the one album thus far LOL

I walked passed the german markets this morning... They look awesome i havnt been this year though :( i love mulled wine its lovely. Oh your definatly ok for memory then... I think she only has the one album thus far LOL

She has 2 and the thirds out Christmas I'll have you know 😝 (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

Be at peace.. Mine is 6 years old. The 2,2 version. And I ran over it with my car while it was in my brief case about 2 years ago. Lol!! It owes me nothing... I owe IT!! Any MacBookPro is one of the most stable long lasting computers anyone can buy.

Well, that's eased my mind a bit. Phew!
I had a HP laptop and it wasn't even 2 years old before the graphics card pooped itself. To fix was almost the price of a new computer so that's when I got the Mac and I'm glad I did. LOVE my iPad 2 though.

Last edited: