What's new

ios5 Calendar Help.

zaitmi

Reaction score
I am using iphone 4, i want to upgrade to ios5, but i am scared as lots of ppl are facing calendar to do list related problems with microsoft outlook sync. What should i do should i copy down all my calendar on a paper or should i change my ms outlook sync to google calendar or any other?

Here is the link of problems ppl are facing:

ios 5 microsoft outlook calendar sync - Google Search

Awaiting for replies.

Thanks. I will switch ms outlook to google calendar.Hope it works.

Ok but about my contacts, notes and emails, can i sync them also with google before upgrading to ios 5.

Yes. You can sync everything with Google. Set up a Google e-mail account (@gmail.com) on your iPhone, and make sure that it's your "default" account. Use that new e-mail account for your calendar. If you put "birthdays" with your contacts, the calendar on your phone & your Mac/PC, will give you birthday alerts. When you plug in your phone to iTunes, let it sync, click on the phone icon on the left side of the page, click on "info" when the new page opens, scroll down to Calendars, and set it to sync with your new account, then click "apply" in the lower right hand corner. Make sure that your phone stays plugged in until the new sync is completed.

Thanks but i already have gmail as my default email account and i use ms outlook for contacts, calendars and notes to sync with my windows xp pc. Now what should i do?

Thanks, ok i tried to do it with iTunes 10.5 but it is not showing anything in summary or in info as it has only option with outlook or outlook express to sync. Do i need to do it from google mobile sync. Could u just guide me a link of this procedure.

They say u need win 7 for icloud. But do i need icloud i have 1 iphone4 and 1 pc with xp. Do i really need, i mean how it will help me on my daily activities ?

I have a Mac, not a PC, and i don't know anything about Windows7. I don't use iCloud myself. You could try Google mobile sync. Good luck!

Fine, i tried to add google sync calendar from Mail, Contacts & Calendars but its asking me to delete entries from the iphone or i will be getting double entries. What should i do.....choose delete coz if i select or keep it on my iphone i might get double entries. Also what will happen if i delete them ? I am worried about my calendar entries.

Awaiting for reply.

I think everything will be uploaded on google calendar website just like emails but i am not sure.

Okay, but when i try to add my calendar to google from my iphone contacts, mail, calendar its asking me to delete my iphone calendar otherwise it will show duplicate entries. What should i do...delete calendar from my iphone? What will happen in future all my data will be stored in google server and not in my phone? Everytime i will make a new entry it will be saved on google server that means if i dont have internet connection on my iphone, my calendar will not work?