What's new

iOS Gains Ground Over Android in April Smartphone Marketshare Figures

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
6972-smartphone-market-share-april-2012.JPG

According to comScore’s newly released MobiLens service figures for April, Apple’s iOS has started gaining ground on Google’s Android. AppleInsider writes that the MobiLens figures show Apple climbing steadily in April, just as the US smartphone market is growing, with Android falling off very slightly in April alone. 30,000 mobile phone users were polled for the survey, with the results showing that Android was still the top US platform over the three-month period ending in April, with a 2.2 gain bringing it to a 50.8% market share. So, while for the period as a whole, Android increased its share, on a month-to-month basis its share fell from 51% at the end of March. Apple’s share was up 1.9% across the three-month period, although still remaining in second place, with a 31.4% share of the US smartphone market. As far as the month of April is concerned, Apple’s iOS rose by 0.7%, making it one of just two of the top-five mobile platforms to increase its share of the market.

Source: Android cedes ground to iOS in U.S. smartphone market during April

I do not know where you had learn math., but it most likely was in spin doctors school. Last time I checked is when someone named "X" gain 2.2% of the market as opposed to "Y" 1.9%, "X" outpaced (gain) "Y" .3% not the other way around. When NY Rangers score 3 goals to NJ Devils 2, Rangers win. If you do not believe this, check NHL records.

I am frightful at Maths, you are correct!