What's new

IOS 9.0.2

Bacchus

Reaction score
Here's a quick question for ya - my new iPhone 5S came with IOS 9.0.2. With that operating system, when I try to delete a single photo from my camera roll, it wants to delete in bursts of 10 at a time. How do I go about deleting just one?

Thanks in advance. I know I could probably google it but I'm being lazy this morning.... :p

If it looks like this, tap "Select...":
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444670273.825008.jpg

Choose the image/s you'd like to keep :
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444670323.573032.jpg

You'll see the ones you selected checkmarked at the bottom.

Then tap "Done" at the upper right. Your next screen will look like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444670438.404908.jpg

Tap "Keep only .. Favourite(s), then go to "Done".
The ones you selected will stay in the Photos album, the other ones will be removed.

Hope that helps.

If it looks like this, tap "Select...":
View attachment 23128
Choose the image/s you'd like to keep :
View attachment 23129
You'll see the ones you selected checkmarked at the bottom.

Then tap "Done" at the upper right. Your next screen will look like this:
View attachment 23130
Tap "Keep only .. Favourite(s), then go to "Done".
The ones you selected will stay in the Photos album, the other ones will be removed.

Hope that helps.

And there's no limit to the number I can keep?

As the screen above shows:
You can keep everything, or just the ones you selected.

Cool! I'll work on that when I have a little time. Thanks muchly.... :)

(It's good to be back. So far, this app isn't closing me out as it did on my old iPhone...)

As the screen above shows:
You can keep everything, or just the ones you selected.

Hmmmmmmm. Dadgummit!! Well, for starters, my system doesn't work/look like your system. I don't know whether it has to do with what version we're each running or what but, briefly, here's what mine does:

I have a little over 70 photos on my camera roll. If I start off by clicking 'select' up in the right corner and I click on only one photo a box comes up saying it's going to delete 11 photos and it asks if I want to delete 10 with the burst plus one other one.

If I click (select) on, say, 2 photos it offers to delete 10 with the burst plus 2 others.

It doesn't give me any indication of which 10 it will delete with the burst and it gives me no other options other than 'cancel'

I went to settings and looked into photos but didn't find any buttons I could turn on or off that would change the way this functions.

<Sigh>. Leave it to me to find a glitch where none should be....

You're in the Photos tab, my screenshots are from the Albums tab. That might be the reason why you can't do the same.

Use the Albums tab, go to "All Photos" (Camera Roll?).

For comparison:
This is what you see:
image.jpeg

That's because you're looking at your images in the Photos tab.

When I took my screenshots, I was in the Albums tab. It's possible to select which pictures to keep there, not in Photos/Collections.

Ah, so. I don't know how I got there or how I got out but I'm now in the mode you're speaking of and am able to delete individual photos.

Thank ya kindly.... :)