What's new

iOS 6 Recovery/Reboot loop help!

Tball1111111

Reaction score
So not off to a great start with my new 4 that I purchased recently. Having bought it off AT&T.net it came stock with iOS 6 preloaded onto the device. (iOS 5.1.1 would have been better) So being the dummie I am, I attempted to JB my iphone 4 with the tethered JB from redsn0w. Everything went fine. About a week or so later I thought Siri would be nice to have on my device. Siriport.ru has an iOS 6 Siriport so I thought it would be fine. Rebooted device with no problem Just Booting, but then came the trouble. Holding down the Home button would automatically put my phone into safe mode. So I decided to reinstall. Still did not work. 5 minutes later (not paying attention to my phone) I tried to remove it from Cydia. I see my phone has the apple logo even though I didn't hit anything. I didn't make anything of this so I let it run for another 5 minutes. Still at apple logo. Hit the home button and the apple logo pops up again. Next thing I know I see the pic for recovery mode. I have tried for the past 3 hours to restore my device and tried literally EVERYTHING that I could. I don't want to ship it to apple because of the JB. I put it PWND DFU mode for iTunes and I get Error 1600 EVERY time. I even have my hosts file put towards the apple servers! Thank You in advance to whoever helps me with this, it is very well appreciated.

When powering the phone, hold volume up. It should boogh i safe mode. Than delete package that is causing problems

Actually the phone won't even boot to the home screen it's just the recovery mode pic.

Try with Tiny Umbrella. You have options like exit recovery and fix recovery.
BTW, Forget the SIRI on i4, it won't work.

Tried Tiny Umbrella and got a white screen (then I had to put in dfu mode), and got a dcreen on my phone where it looks like it jailbreaking with the small white text.

Tried Tiny Umbrella and got a white screen (then I had to put in dfu mode), and got a dcreen on my phone where it looks like it jailbreaking with the small white text.

Can you provide a picture or something to exemplify?

$IMG_0225[1].jpgThat's happens when trying to do tofix recovery.

said stuff about Greenpois0n and it said that some thing looks like it failed on some parts. I had a extensive call with a man from apple telling me to finally bring my device in and have them restore it...

They probably won't restore it and will ask you to buy a new one once yet see greenpois0n on it unless the person eloping you is open to iPhone hacking and jailbreaking

No no I kicked it out of that using DFU and they won't be able to tell that because I was on 6.0 and the newest update was 6.0.1 which then will update and remove the JB on the device. I just want to restore so it will start working again.

If they do break open the iOS and really look at it, they'll find it. But most reps will just look at them using iTunes and through settings

I created a new user on Windows and actually got my phone to boot! Just gonna wait for an untethered JB.