What's new

iOS 6 jailbreak

AbnormalSpring

Reaction score
I have had the tethered jail break for a few days now. Here are the bugs I have encountered.

The home button stops working randomly.
When installing some programs and themes the phone freezes and needs restarted.
A lot of cydia apps are not compatible.

Other then those few things I have not had any problems with jailbreak.

Please share any problems you encounter so people know what to expect before they upgrade and jailbreak there ios6.

And any jailbreak for iOS 6 is unstable. The ones released now are only for developer purposes and not for users.

From what I understand, Jay Freeman (Saurik, Cydia's owner) asked end users to not use Cydia w/ iOS 6.0 yet. It's currently in the Devs hands for working on new stuff. It's in no way stable and you will continue to encounter problems until it is officially supported on iOS 6.

The jailbreak for iOS6 is not recommended for beginners....more for advanced users.... as the software is free there are no actual restrictions to download or run the jailbreak software....

Bula said:
The jailbreak for iOS6 is not recommended for beginners....more for advanced users.... as the software is free there are no actual restrictions to download or run the jailbreak software....

That's a good point to make. While there's nothing that legally says you cannot... Saurik has asked end users to not use it as a courtesy to the Devs who are still working to develop its compatibility w/ iOS 6.

Yea but some people may run into some issues others may not because we all do different things on and with our phones.

Bula said:

Yea just wish I would of looked more into jail breaking before I upgraded from 5.1 to 6.0 but added another line just to get the 5.1 iOS back.