What's new

iOS 6.1 Jailbroken. Bug on springboard

WHEN i upgraded, an backup was made. (Of iOS 6.1). But this doesnt containe the film that i need to have.
If the backup you currently have does not contain the video in question... then I'm sorry to say, it's gone. It's imperative to ALWAYS manually backup your iDevice via iTunes and/or iCloud before updating from and to any iOS version.

If the backup you currently have does not contain the video in question... then I'm sorry to say, it's gone. It's imperative to ALWAYS manually backup your iDevice via iTunes and/or iCloud before updating from and to any iOS version.

I know i need to backup, that's why i havent done a hard reset yet.

Hy, i have an iphone 3gs and i just update from itunes to ios 6.1, i jailbroken the phone, he now have cydia but wont let me add ultrasn0w source to unlock. how can i unlock.

I would advice you to make a new thread about this.

Tried a hard reset. Didn't seem to work.

I was on my springboard (Unlocked phone). Held power+hoem button for 15 sec (The screen was black). Nothing seemed to have happened. I had to press the power button again to get it back on. Is it suppost to boot by itself ? (meaning I did something wrong).

Is there anyway to check if i managed to do a hard reset, or if i failed?

Last edited:

Well, i managed to do a hard reset. BUT, the error on my springboard is still there.
So now i've tried: DFU-mode reset, hard reset and iTunes reset followed by re-jailbreaking.

So.... what now? :eek:

You hold both buttons until you see the apple logo

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Provide us with screen captures and screen shots of your device's problem and your iTunes problem.

Provide us with screen captures and screen shots of your device's problem and your iTunes problem.

Screenshot of springboard error is provided below. I dunno what you mean by "iTunes problem"... no problem with my iTunes...

http://i.imgur.com/ewiGScj.png

Jhttp://i.imgur.com/ewiGScj.pngust noticed, the dots ment to show what page i am on doesn't change either. I guess that's a part of the bug aswell...

Attachments

• $Springboard bug.jpg
    $Springboard bug.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
@Justin, sorry for not answering the question earlier. Reason I suggested removing the co-requisites is that sometimes those co-requisites may be the problem and not the specific tweak or app itself. Similar to a corrupted download, your tweak or app won't run properly if the co-requisites are corrupted and can cause problems.

@iMaNoob, I would recommend restoring to a clean copy of iOS 6.1 and rejailbreaking, because I've yet to see a situation like this. I've been asking my colleagues to drop by with their devices and none of them are having any issues aside from their tweaks or apps not working from incompatibility issues or they can't download certain apps/tweaks because of traffic. None that results in the loss of icons from switching Springboard pages. Backup your device, restore and rejailbreak and this time, install the apps/tweaks excluding the one that caused you trouble. Just out of curiosity, which tweak/app did you download to come to this issue since I don't recall you mentioning it at all in this thread.

@iMaNoob, I would recommend restoring to a clean copy of iOS 6.1 and rejailbreaking, because [...] used you trouble. Just out of curiosity, which tweak/app did you download to come to this issue since I don't recall you mentioning it at all in this thread.

1. I have already tried restoring then rejailbreaking... (I could do it again but then the problem would most likely re-occure).
2. First i downloaded the tweak "NCsettings". (The bug occured.) I removed it, and the bug was gone. Then I installed "PasswordPilot", and the bug returned.

I removed all my tweaks and the bug was gone. Then i downloaded "Bike Race" from appstore, and the bug returned...

Backup your device, restore your device and set it up as a New Device rather than restoring from backup. Do what you did the first time and see if it happens again, then restore your backup from iTunes.

Backup your device, restore your device and set it up as a New Device rather than restoring from backup. Do what you did the first time and see if it happens again, then restore your backup from iTunes.

Last time i restored i did set it up as a new device :p But ok ill try again later (Maybe tomorrow, im quite busy right now)

Had a bit of extra time... so im using it to restore and re-jailbreak. I will edit this message as soon as i know if the bug is gone. (May take a while. I wanna be sure).

...:::EDIT:::...
TESTING PROGRESS:
Tried adding a source. No bug.
Downloading 2 apps from appstore. No bug.
Added several tweaks. No bug.
Installed tweak "SpotRemover". Bug returned. - Removed the tweak and the bug dissapeard. (Could anyone try this tweak and see if they got the bug?)

Last edited:
Ok. So long story short:

The bug appears when you install some tweaks. But mostly, the bug isn't there.

What i did to solve the issue: Only install 1 tweak at a time. This way, i know wich tweak caused the bug, and i can remove it.

Ok. So long story short:

The bug appears when you install some tweaks. But mostly, the bug isn't there.

What i did to solve the issue: Only install 1 tweak at a time. This way, i know wich tweak caused the bug, and i can remove it.

Not positive but my sense is not all of the tweaks and apps have been updated to support a jail broken device with 6.1

Hopefully, the developers will get they wares up to speed soon.