What's new

iOS 6.1 Jailbroken. Bug on springboard

iMaNoob

Reaction score
Hey.

First time i post on iphoneforums. I actually created this account due to this error/bug.

My problem is: I was waiting for the iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak before i was going to upgrade from 5.1.1.
When it was released i upgraded and jailbroke the device (iPhone 4s, 16GB).
Everything seemed fine. But when i downloaded my first tweak from cydia the bug appeared.
When i scroll through the pages on the springboard (homescreen), the icons on page 2, 3, 4... doesn't show until i have been on the page for a secund. And as soon as i start to slide towards another page, the icons disapear again.
The icons on page 1 (next to the spotlight search), never disapear. So there is no bug on that page.

As soon as i go into edit-mode for my springboard (icons wobble), on any other page then number 1, the icon i'm trying to move jumps to the top-left corner of page 1, and it will only be plased on that page (page 1).

I tried removing the tweak, and the bug was gone, but then i downloaded an app from appstore and the bug was back! Any idea how i can fix this? Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

(I know my explanation of the error is bad :p Hard to explain).

Did you try a hard reset. Did you also remove the co-requisites for that app.

Did you try a hard reset. Did you also remove the co-requisites for that app.

If you by "hard reset" mean restoring via itunes and re-jailbreaking, then yes.
I also tried via DFU-mode. No luck...

Don't know what you mean by "remove the co-requisites for that app", but since this happenes with almost EVERY cydia tweak an appstore app, im guessing that wont work? Thanks for your reply :)

Hard Reseting is holding the Home & Power buttons & the same time for approximately 15 seconds... the screen will initially go black then release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.

Hard Reseting is holding the Home & Power buttons & the same time for approximately 15 seconds... the screen will initially go black then release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.
1. How is this different from itunes recovery, and DFU-mode?
2. Im not sure this would work since DFU and itunes recovery both failed for me.
(I have something very important on my phone right now aswell wich i don't wanna loose.)

The Hard Reset just clears up the cache that each Application creates on your Springboard's GUI. My question is... were you Jailbroken on 5.1.1? When you updated to 6.1 did you restore from an iTunes backup from while you were Jailbroken on 5.1.1?

Co-requisites being other items that were installed along with the app or tweak from Cydia. I.E, SBSettings will automatically install Activator, MobileSubstrate, Substrate Safe Mode, etc etc. SBSettings being the tweak and Activator/MobileSubstrate/Substrate Safe Mode being the co-requisites

Co-requisites being other items that were installed along with the app or tweak from Cydia. I.E, SBSettings will automatically install Activator, MobileSubstrate, Substrate Safe Mode, etc etc. SBSettings being the tweak and Activator/MobileSubstrate/Substrate Safe Mode being the co-requisites
Will removing said co-requisites not allow the main tweak to work... or are they just part of the bundle?

Will removing said co-requisites not allow the main tweak to work... or are they just part of the bundle?

Ehm... well.. i upgraded to iOS 6.1 while being jailbroken on 5.1.1 (I didn't restore it, before upgrade).

So what am i suppost to do now? Hard reset? (Home+power button for 15+/- sec)

(IF i hard reset, can you guarantee me that me videos and pictures will remain untouched?)

Last edited:
The question was quoted and directed at willerz2...

figured :p
Edited the last reply. Changed it to:

Ehm... well.. i upgraded to iOS 6.1 while being jailbroken on 5.1.1 (I didn't restore it, before upgrade).

(IF i hard reset, can you guarantee me that me videos and pictures will remain untouched?)

figured :p
Edited the last reply. Changed it to:

The Hard Reset has nothing to do w/ keeping your videos and pictures. Having a backup via iTunes or iCloud is what saves all your iPhone's data... and allows you to bring them back after updating.

The Hard Reset has nothing to do w/ keeping your videos and pictures. Having a backup via iTunes or iCloud is what saves all your iPhone's data... and allows you to bring them back after updating.

Ok :) I currently havent had the oppertunity to backup with iTunes so i'm not willing to try just yet...

So, you're saying that you've already updated to 6.1 from 5.1.1 and don't have a backup via iTunes or iCloud?

So, you're saying that you've already updated to 6.1 from 5.1.1 and don't have a backup via iTunes or iCloud?

WHEN i upgraded, an backup was made. (Of iOS 6.1). But this doesnt containe the film that i need to have.