What's new

IOS 5 e mail problem

Radville

Reaction score
I have 2 email accounts on my phone and since updating to ios 5 one of the accounts is always downloading 50 messages, this happening even after deletion, my other account is working fine. Any ideas, please?

I have 2 email accounts on my phone and since updating to ios 5 one of the accounts is always downloading 50 messages, this happening even after deletion, my other account is working fine. Any ideas, please?

Im having the same problem and reported to yahoo and trying to do same thing with apple... No fix yet...

I actually found a solution to this problem I would recommend you guys to see this web site, I did try all their suggestions and it actually fixed my problem you guys should check this web site and follow all this instructions.. Good luck
Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
GoDuxs said:
I actually found a solution to this problem I would recommend you guys to see this web site, I did try all their suggestions and it actually fixed my problem you guys should check this web site and follow all this instructions.. Good luck

The site actually just tells you to reset the device, reset network settings nothing new.

I hit this too with a gmail account that I’d accessing through a POP server, and fixed it:
  • I signed into the 50 message account with a broswer. None of the messages that account had ever recieved (more than 1000) had been archived, they were all still in the inbox! So,
  • I selected all 1000-odd messages, and archived them all. My phone then stopped showing the 50 messages for that account. ...but why had it been happening? Looking at the gmail settings,
  • I switched to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab. Under “POP download” there’s a line that says “2. When messages are accessed with POP”. This had been set to “keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox”. I changed it to “archive Gmail’s copy” and hit the Save Settings button at the bottom.
Hope this helps!