What's new

iOS 4.1 seeded to developers

DannyBoy

Reaction score
iOS 4.1 seeded to developers
The first update to iOS 4.0 is jumping all the way up a full tenth of a point to 4.1, and it's now available for those of you signed up for Apple's iPhone Developers Program. It looks like there are major changes to Game Center (which has yet to launch) in this build.

We're definitely noticing some differences. The signal bars are, in fact, larger in the new OS, and we're seeing fewer bars on our 4.1 device when compared to a standard 4.0 iPhone 4... which is pretty much exactly what Apple said would happen.

~Engadget

Anyone else updated and see "less" bars then usual?

If you Phone isn't registered in the Dev program don't attempt to load it. It will brick your phone!

to become a dev it costs 99 dollars right? i want to start making apps/games for the iphone

If you Phone isn't registered in the Dev program don't attempt to load it. It will brick your phone!

Yeah thats kinda true but not entirely. I remember for the 3.0 i heard it just wouldnt let you move from the dev version to the final user version. Also for the 4.0, i installed the gm and then the final version and no problems but, the 4.0 gm was the first time it didnt require a dev account. However, a gm build may be different then say a .x beta 1

what makes it different iOS 4.1 with iOS 4.0.1 ??
IS it apple just announce iOS 4.0.1 right away yestoday or not ?

OS 4.0.1 was just the bar fix and a few other bugs. OS 4.1 it's my guess will include the new apple game center..... That was left out of 4.0... But was in most of the 4.0 beta versions.