What's new

iOS 4.1 Jailbreak On 4G iPod Touch PwnageTool + SHAtter

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdvSBlCJ8lo[/ame]​

So the Chronic Dev Team managed to Jailbreak an iPod Touch 4G using the SHAtter Exploit and PwnageTool. They posted a video to show it was done and to prove to everyone that the exploit works. Now, the Jailbreak for 4.1 isn't ready ready since they want to find a faster tool to run it on. By this they mean something easy and simple for the user to do like "slide to Jailbreak" or a simple key press like Spirit. Some thing like that would be great for the whole Jailbreak community, especially after what happened to Sn0wbreeze. So for now, everyone remember not to follow any Greenpois0n sites or anything like that unless there is official word from the link below.

Chronic Dev Team:
Dev-Team Blog
Thread:
Dev-Team Blog - SHAttered iPod touch 4G
Video:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoX1Q8ym2J8[/ame]​

yet the question still remains the same... isn't there any hope for the base band 02.04.10 to be unlocked with this new exploit they're developing? cuz as far as i understand is that they count people upgrading the FW to 4.1 with preserving the baseband... What about those who bought the iphone and it was already baseband 02.04.10 FW 4.1??? they won't be able to jailbreak and unlock their phones :S and by that i mean A LOT of people who are in the same position!!! does anyone has any input or useful info about this particular situation??!!!

yet the question still remains the same... isn't there any hope for the base band 02.04.10 to be unlocked with this new exploit they're developing? cuz as far as i understand is that they count people upgrading the FW to 4.1 with preserving the baseband... What about those who bought the iphone and it was already baseband 02.04.10 FW 4.1??? they won't be able to jailbreak and unlock their phones :S and by that i mean A LOT of people who are in the same position!!! does anyone has any input or useful info about this particular situation??!!!

i am sure they will, but we will see