What's new

iOS 4.0.1 Coming Monday to Fix Antenna Problem?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone-4-antenna-problems.jpg

Apple Insider is reporting that the “Death Grip” antenna problem may be down to a software issue, and that a software fix, iOS 4.0.1, could be on the way as early as this coming Monday. Apple Insider says that many of their readers have reported to them that Apple’s tech support forums confirmed this news, only to have it then mysteriously swept off the board, along with any other discussion threads on the subject. Here’s Apple Insider’s explanation of the technical issue at the core of the matter:

“The fix is expected to address an issue in iOS 4 related to radio frequency calibration of the baseband. Readers who saw the original forum discussions say that the issue is believed to occur when switching frequencies; because the lag is allegedly not calibrated correctly, it results in the device reporting ‘no service’ rather than switching to the frequency with the best signal-to-noise ratio.”

And as far as the whole “how you hold it” issue goes, Apple Insider says that hand placement possibly exacerbates the software problem that is already there.

Source: AppleInsider

I done seem to any of the problems that have plagued this iPhone 4 or my iphone3.
Nor have I ever had any problems with AT&T.

Can't really see how a software upate can fix an antenna problem, if they could get a better signal why not already have it on the phone. If it's hardware then it won't solve it.

sure is but they also said the calls drop thing ont he 3g could be fixed with fw, but you all know it did not fix anything.. well see