What's new

iOS 10 features

I plan to turn off Raise to Wake and turn on "rest finger on home button" to use the Touch ID on my iPhone.
Yes I've just been reading about that, I think that all that pressing of the Home button is going to be too much wear and tear, I'm certainly going to try another method.

I agree with you. It instinctively feels wrong to have to press the Home Button too often.

Unless the action is more like Force Touch, which probably won't actually wear out.

On pad Pro its a definite press of the Home button, I can't help but think that eventually all that pressing is going to wear out the Home button.
I've never used the finger print scanner but I might think again now and use rest finger on Home button method.

On pad Pro its a definite press of the Home button, I can't help but think that eventually all that pressing is going to wear out the Home button.
I've never used the finger print scanner but I might think again now and use rest finger on Home button method.
With the iPhone 6S and newer with Hey Siri enabled when not plugged into the charger and touch to unlock enabled, you should be able to get away with hardly ever needing to actually press the home button. Of course, on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the home button doesn't press at all.

With the iPhone 6S and newer with Hey Siri enabled when not plugged into the charger and touch to unlock enabled, you should be able to get away with hardly ever needing to actually press the home button. Of course, on the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the home button doesn't press at all.
Ah ok, I'm sure it will all become clearer when I have the phone in my hands.

I think you'll find the iPhone 7 home button doesn't actually move. It will vibrate to simulate movement but has no moving parts.
Yes I've been reading up a bit more on that, No moving parts means less to break I'm guessing.

I'm hoping some of the members who now have their hands on iPhone 7 will tell us what they think to it.

I think you'll find the iPhone 7 home button doesn't actually move. It will vibrate to simulate movement but has no moving parts.
It makes it much easier to make it waterproof if you don't have parts sliding against each other.

@scifan57 I'll DM my phone number to you if you want to try the new Notes out. Looks like you invite people by number or email address.