What's new

iOS 10 features

On the widget screen, tapping on a recently played album will open Music and play the album.

Spirit level. This is not new to iOS 10 but it's quite well hidden.

If you open Compass and swipe left, you will find the level. It operates as a simple 2-plane level in portrait and landscape and also as a surface level with the phone laid on its back.

A quick word on Compass. It is not a magnetic compass. It uses GPS info to calculate direction, so it only works if you are moving. Walking a few steps is enough.

I've just been informed by my son (against my strenuous denials, I should add) that "Hey Siri" now works without the phone being plugged into power.

He's right!

Damn kids. Get off my lawn.

(iPhone SE: iOS 10.0.2)

I've just been informed by my son (against my strenuous denials, I should add) that "Hey Siri" now works without the phone being plugged into power.

He's right!

Damn kids. Get off my lawn.

(iPhone SE: iOS 10.0.2)
Hey, Siri while not connected to the charger only works with iPhone 6S, 6S Plus and newer.

Spirit level. This is not new to iOS 10 but it's quite well hidden.

If you open Compass and swipe left, you will find the level. It operates as a simple 2-plane level in portrait and landscape and also as a surface level with the phone laid on its back.

A quick word on Compass. It is not a magnetic compass. It uses GPS info to calculate direction, so it only works if you are moving. Walking a few steps is enough.

Us tradies found this ages ago and often use it to show customers that our eyes are very accurate

Woke up this morning and checked the forums. Sorted out someone's router problem, then went for coffee. Spent most of the day on various forums at 68 mph while driving a 50-ton truck (so shoot me!), finished work and received a text message from a guy needing help to install macOS Sierra. Sorted him out in about 5 texts and 5 minutes. Arrived home and discovered that I know zilch about iPhones, iPads or computers, in about 10 minutes. Lovely!!!

Sorry team l didn't know that there was a discussion about this, Siri has always worked on my iPhone 5s

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Sorry team l didn't know that there was a discussion about this, Siri has always worked on my iPhone 5s

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
Of course it does. We had mentioned that the Hey Siri feature while not connected to a charger only works on iPhone 6S and newer.

Sorry don't understand, mine works on or off charger.

And l don't say hay Siri, or Siri, l just speak works a treat

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Sorry don't understand, mine works on or off charger.

And l don't say hay Siri, or Siri, l just speak works a treat

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
Hey, Siri works without pressing any buttons or even touching the iPhone, unlike the regular Siri activation where you have to press and hold the home button to activate Siri.

Can't wait to try it, thanks. While in the shed my handy went black and the music stopped, need to investigate.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.