What's new

Iomega's SuperHero Charging Dock Backs Up Your iPhone Data While It Charges

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iomega-super-hero.jpg

Iomega announced today that it’s drawing on its digital storage experience to come to the rescue of iPhone users that are worried about losing their contacts and photos on their iPhones. Iomega SuperHero is a new backup and charger device for the iPhone that will automatically back up the contacts and photos that are stored on your iPhone every time you charge it.

The SuperHero Backup and Charger for iPhone is a compact docking station device small enough to perch on your desktop, and that plugs directly into a wall outlet. It comes complete with a 4GB SD card that provides the storage in the docking station for iPhone contacts and camera roll pictures. Users simply have to download the free SuperHero iPhone app from the App Store to ready their iPhone for charging and backing up via the charging dock.

The Iomega SuperHero Backup and Charger for iPhone will soon be retailing worldwide for $69.99. Click here to register your interest: SuperHero iPhone Backup and Charger

Source: Iomega

Looks good. Think I might get one of these when it's available. Don't know if it's registered my email to be notified. Didn't come up with anything when I put it in on my iPhone.

Just one thing. I noticed it says it won't back up your music, videos and things. That doesn't bother me but does that mean it won't back up videos you've taken also...?