What's new

Invisible shield Extreme

azonie

Reaction score
Anyone else tried this screen protector on iPhone 5?
But one on at Best Buy on Friday when got phone. Over night it got all cloudy and looked like a fungus growing under it. Went back to Best Buy. They said they had had some trouble with Extreme on iPhone 5 doing this. Said if replace my did same thing would go from Extreme to HD.

Also seems to be harder to get keyboard contact on some keys. Anyone think Extreme might be too think for sensor in screen?

The Extreme is too thick. Besides the moisture that had not dried out yet was bad. But also since it is so thick the screen sensors are affected. And some keys strokes were not taking.

I had replaced with HD keypad works much better.

Extreme not a good idea.

Let's try this again. I have deleted 17 posts that talked about the merits of screen protectors, fixing a scratch in the screen and why one should or should not use a screen protector.

All of this is off-topic and none of the posts answered the original question - has anyone had an issue with this specific brand of screen protector?

Please keep this thread to only answering the question, if it is in your experience. If you do not have an input that directly answers the question, please do not post.

Thank you.

Marilyn

I have the Invisible Shield HD and I love it so far. Feels just like the normal screen, crystal clear so it doesn't even look like I have one on, and the touch screen is just as responsive. If you do get yours replaced for an HD one you will not be disappointed. It might not be as protective as the Extreme when it comes to dropping the phone, but I have a case on mine.

I have had the samething happen to my Iphone 5 ,had the sheild put on friday morning,by friday afternoon it was all cloudy and so saturday best best repelaced it with a new sheild,saturday night same issue,all cloudy, so sunday back to best buy, I was told they were giving the wrong solution to apply the shield the first 2 times and now they had the right solution,sunday night less cloudy but still cloudy and it also affects the touch fuctions of the phone, going back to best buy today.

I noticed that the screen is not as responsive along the edges when typing. I really have to bear down to get letter *P* and number *0* Could it be the screen protector? Otherwise it works great.

Yes. I had same problem
Removed Extre and went to HD.
Much better on entire keyboard.
Think the iPhone 5 has softer touch b

I noticed that the screen is not as responsive along the edges when typing. I really have to bear down to get letter *P* and number *0* Could it be the screen protector? Otherwise it works great.

I figured out the problem. It was NOT the protective screen at all. I have two cases, one the incipio soft case that I had the issue with when on the phone. When I put the phone in the hard shell with the kickback stand, the typing issue disappeared. So it was the incipio case edge that was creating the typing problem which encroached too close to the screen.

I have the Extreme and it works fine. It just looks too thick because of the cut-out at the bottom and top and because it doesn't go all the way to the edge of the phone. Just make sure they use the correct solution. There is some browning which does go away in a few days. I'm not too fond of the look and I'm looking to swap to the HD by weeks end.

Yes. I had same problem
Removed Extre and went to HD.
Much better on entire keyboard.
Think the iPhone 5 has softer touch b

Does the HD look more flush? Does it fit closer to the
edges than the Extreme? Or is it the exact same cut? Does it have the same top and bottom cut out as the Extreme?

Does the HD look more flush? Does it fit closer to the
edges than the Extreme? Or is it the exact same cut? Does it have the same top and bottom cut out as the Extreme?

It has the same basic cut since I am using the case ready protector. It comes in off edges so case doesn't mess up protectors.

It is thinner that allows more sensitive keypad. The Extreme was causing me to hit some keys more than once.

I do like it much better

It has the same basic cut since I am using the case ready protector. It comes in off edges so case doesn't mess up protectors.

It is thinner that allows more sensitive keypad. The Extreme was causing me to hit some keys more than once.

I do like it much better

Thanks for the info.

Although I had no keypad issues..including right now, I just want it to look better.